24. blood

blood : the red liquid that flows through the bodies of people and animals

*  *  *

Emma never really knew what happened right after that. Somone had the chest and the key, but she did not know. All she knew is that she found herself in Killian's cabin, with Killian, but Elizabeth as well who seemed to know exactly what to do with her wound.

Emma also remembered that it hurt. It hurt so bad. All she wanted to do was to close her eyes, but Killian would not let her.

"Keep your eyes on me, Emma." he repeated over and over and so she did. She looked into those eyes and felt... she simply could not describe it.

"Emma, I'm really sorry, but it's going to hurt."

"It already does." she said, but quickly understood what Miss Swann meant as she let out a scream and Killian grabbed her hand. She held on thight for a few seconds and then finally breathed out.

"You're going to be okay, Emma. For now, but that bandage may not hold on. We need to stop to the nearest land so someone can take a look at you. But you're gonna be fine. "Elizabeth declared and Emma only nodded. Her eyes were still locked on Killian, who seemed to be a little more relieved.

"You're going to be okay." Killian mumbled, just like he was trying to convince Emma, but himself as well.

"Just keep your eyes open, don't fall asleep. Can you... make sure of that?" Elizabeth asked and looked at the Captain.

"Aye. Of course." he nodded.

"I need to see Will, but I'll be back." she added and Killian nodded once more. He looked again at Emma who avoided his eyes and looked at the side.

"Emma, you need to look at me. I need to make sure you do not fall asleep." he said.

"So that I don't die because of you?" she replied and bit her lip as it would take some pain away. He sighed and slowly placed his fingers under her chin to make her look at him.

"Look at me." he repeated. She turned her head but he could notice how annoyed she was by his behavior.

"I hate you." she mumbled. He didn't seem that surprised. In a way, he hated her too. He hated her for hurting him like that and leaving him in such a hard time. But there was this one really strong feeling that he could not shake, ever and it was stronger than any hatred he could feel towards her. "I thought..." she stopped, because of the pain and took a deep breath. "you never could hurt me more than before, but... almost dying because of you and your... father, I never could have thought of that."

"I'm sorry..." he said, it's the only thing he could think of. "And I don't have a father." Killian added.

She bit her lip again, so hard that she tasted the blood in her mouth. Both were looking at each other. Emma took deep and jerky breaths and at some point grabbed his hand and held it so tight. He looked down and saw that the bandages were not white anymore, but more of a dark red color.

"Oh, no, no, no..." he mumbled and got up. He tried to find bandages, let a few things fall at the same time. Smee entered the room. "Smee, find Elizabeth Swann. NOW!" he screamed and grabbed a piece of cloth he found.

Emma looked at the blood everywhere and started panicking. Killian's actions were not helping as he did not seem to know what to do, at all. When he grabbed the piece of cloth and turned around, she tried saying something. "That's not... going... to work..."

He let it fall on the ground, walked over to her and grabbed her hand. "You're going to be fine. As long as you keep your eyes open, you're alive." he said. "Just look at me."

"Some people... die... with their eyes... open." she replied.

"Emma Swan, listen to me. You are not dying."

I am so sorry for the slow updates but I just had two crazy weeks, wow! I'll update as soon as I can!
Comment what you thought of the chapter :)
• believe__inmagic •