16. sea

sea : the salt water that covers much of the Earth's surface / a large body of water that is part of the sea or that has land around part or all of it

*  *  *

"Are you sure it's fine?" Emma asked Killian. Both of them were in one of the cabins of the Jewel of the Realm, that had just set sail a few moments ago.

"I talked with my brother. It's not a dangerous journey and we'll be back in two days. It's fine, this once." Killian assured her. "Look, I need to go help them, but I'll be back soon."

"Okay." Emma replied, but before he could leave, she grabbed him by the arm. "Wait." she added.

A smile grew on her face as he got closer to her and put both of his hands on her cheeks and kissed her. He then pulled away, and replaced a strand of her hair that had fallen in her face. "I'll be back soon." he repetead.

He then left the cabin, leaving Emma alone. She started looking around, but everything was mostly Killian's things. She got to the small window and noticed another ship right next to theirs, a ship from another kingdom. As they both knew, the kingdom was at war with another, and it was the reason why Killian had to leave so often. Emma started to panic a little and waited for them to attack. However, before anything could happen, everything seemed to move and it made her fall on the ground. What was happening? She got back up and looked through the window once more. The vessel wasn't touching the water anymore. The ship was flying! How was that possible?

She was about to leave, but just at the door she stopped. The rest of the crew wasn't aware of her presence on the ship. And some believed that old saying that having a woman on board was bad luck. Emma got back to the small bed and sat there, watching the sea fade away through the small window.

Time passed and Killian was still on deck. Emma quickly got caught up in her thoughts and everything that happened in the last weeks came back to her. She thought about her mother, about the house, even about Ruby that she had not seen again yet. Everything had changed so fast. She lost everything, everything except Killian. And she missed everything. She missed it so much and it was the first time she let herself really think about it. It was the first time she took the time to really breathe since she had left her home.

Just as she was untying her ponytail, a tear slid on her cheek and she quicky wiped it off, but why? she then thought. There was no one.

She decided at this moment, she did not have to be strong. She could let it all out, just now. So she let another tear go and more came. As much as it hurt, it also felt good to let it go.

Moments later, the door opened and Killian got in. Emma had her head down and started wiping the tears away while he came and sat next to her. He did not say a word, he simply put an arm around her shoulders and she fell in his arms. His head was on top of hers he simply held her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked after a while. She did not reply, so he took it as a no. "You didn't have to stop." he then added. "You can let it all out, I'm here for you."

Her vision became blurry again, but somehow she let out a small chuckle and a little smile. "I never thought I'd even have someone and... you are... it's like you know exactly how I feel before I can even tell. You know how to make me feel better... You..." she stopped and took a deep breath. "You're the only one I have left." she finally declared.

He kissed the top of her head and she felt him thighten his grip around her. "And I don't intend to leave you." he spoke.

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. A few minutes passed, in silence. All he did was hold her. And then, then she decided to go for it.

"I love you." she declared. It's the only thing she could say and even those words were not enought to express how she felt at that moment.

"I love you too." he replied, feeling the same way she did.

Hey! The chapter was a little shorter, but I wanted it to end like this haha :)
Next chapter will be Neverland! Also, I'm going to correcting the previous chapters, maybe change some things because I asked my english teacher to help me. I really want to reduce the mistakes I make and have like a better vocab in english, so yeah. I hope it's gonna work ;)
ONCE TONIGHT, SO EXCITED! :3

• believe__inmagic •