Hopemon

A J-hope x Rap Monster story...

The school bell went off, signaling the end of school. Without a word, all the students in class, who were previously either snoozing off or secretly using their phones under their table, immediately cheered.

Despite warnings from the teachers with "Lesson does not end at the cue of the school bell, lesson ends when I SAY SO", students still ignore it and went on to pack their bags.

"Okay that's the end of the lesson," Mr Min, their Chemistry teacher, said, "There is no homework for today. I am giving you guys time to study for your final exams which starts next week."

Everyone nodded half-heartedly as they stood up and thanked Mr Min.

J-hope, who just got a satisfying one hour sleep, stood up and stretched. At this moment, his phone screen went on with a Kakao talk notification.

Jimin: Hyung!! Wanna study in the library today?

"Library?" J-hope rolled his eyes and shook his head.

J-hope: No thanks friend.

Jimin: But finals are around the corner.

J-hope: So? I'm gonna let nature takes its course anyway.

Jimin: Andwae!! Your umma specifically ask me to ensure that you pass the exams this time round.

J-hope: It's not gonna happen.

Jimin: Hellooo! She even hired me to be your maths tutor. It's my job to force you to study, my friend.

J-hope: ...

Jimin: She's gonna kick you out of the house if you don't study...

J-hope: Fine. Where to meet you?

Jimin: Yay! At the school library!!

J-hope: Arraso, but let me grab a sandwich first.

Sometimes, J-hope really question his choice of friends. Out of hundred boys in this school, he chose to befriend a nerd, a hardcore student called Park Jimin. Hadn't they share a common interest in dancing, J-hope would have long disown this friend of his who only calls him out for a study session and not to hang out.

Finishing his last bite of sandwich, J-hope stood outside the library. "This is the heaven for nerds, and hell for people like me," he uttered under his breath.

Still, he stepped into the place he called hell. Indeed, every single table passed by, they are all occupied with students with black rim glasses, their uniforms buttoned all the way up, smartass people.

From far, he spotted Jimin. He was sitting on a table with four chairs, sharing the table with two other guys. Jimin looked up and waved to him, while mouthing "here".

J-hope nodded his head as he made his way to the table. He sat on the empty chair opposite Jimin and threw his bag on the ground.

"You're here!" Jimin smiled.

"Ne."

"You don't mind sharing a table with them, right?"

"No, not really."

"Oh wait, let me introduce."

J-hope turned his head and looked at the guy beside Jimin.

"This is Jin, my classmate. And the one opposite him, beside you, is Namjoon. He is Jin's boy- friend."

The name 'Namjoon' struck J-hope's heart immediately. 'No, it's not him...' he thought in his mind as he slowly turn to his right.

Namjoon, who was initially scrolling his phone, also looked up.