Yoonjin (II)

(continued)

Jin left the company without a word and went to vent his anger. He went to eat. Everything suddenly seemed bitter and unappetizing. But still, he continued to stuff things into his mouth.

It was soon evening and everybody were getting off from work. Jin had been his day eating and drinking soju. He doesn't like to drink, but somehow, he can hold his liquor pretty well. He looked at his clock, it was 6.10 pm. The usual Jin on a usual day would be in his car, driving to Yoongi's place. But now...what should he do?

Aimlessly, he started to walk on the streets. Swaying from side to side like he owns the road, he reached a familiar place. It was Yoongi's house. Despite mentally telling himself that he would not have any relations to that jerk ever again, he still went up the block.

Turning the knob and opening the door, he felt something usual. There was another pair of shoes outside the house. Not bothered to make any guesses, he simply walked in and check it out.

Standing at the balcony, back facing him, was a familiar figure. That grandfather pose he fell in love with was right in front of him. Of course, that 'intruder' also noticed something odd and turned around.

Their eyes met.

Jin stepped one foot behind as Yoongi entered the living room. It was silence. But Jin felt some hope after knowing that Yoongi actually came here.

"So..." Jin uttered, "you still remembered this place."

"Ne, of course, it's my house."

"And do you remember what happened in this house?"

"Hey, I did not suffer from memory loss."

"Then why are you acting like a totally different person after you came back from god knows where?"

"I just got some things settled and realised that I don't need you anymore."

"This is insane."

"It's just the truth and all you need to do is to accept it."

"Can you...at least...tell me what happened these two years? for such drastic changes to take place..."

"My appa sent me to England to study, so that I could take over his business."

"But why did you leave without a word?"

"Because I want to."

After saying that, Yoongi immediately turned his head away and attempted to avoid the intensive stare Jin was giving him.

Jin could not believe his ears. That wasn't an answer Yoongi would give. Tears came back to his eyes but he ain't giving up. He approached Yoongi and grabbed his shoulders.

"Seriously...what happened to you? You changed, a lot."

"Stop acting like you know me well. Because you don't. I did not change at all."

"I don't believe. Where's the Yoongi that promise me to love me forever? Where's the Yoongi that promise to never let me cry? Where's the Yoongi that cares about others and would not let people worry about him?"

"He's gone! Forever!" he finally flared, but it did not scare Jin away. "Stop finding that 'old Yoongi', he's never coming back! I don't love you anymore, so just give up. Forget about me and find another guy who loves you more than I did. I'm gonna lead a new life and so should you. Let everything between us become memories and stop being so obsessed about me!"

"I don't believe you. You're just pretending. You still love me don't you? You still cherish the times we spent in this house right? Or else, you wouldn't have come here."