Dating the Son of Zeus *24*

Start from the beginning

The game started and as expected Perseus and Leonidas had a million questions, but after a few innings we all seemed to understand it and were having a great time. The large stadium was a bit empty and Sophia said that it was because it was the middle of the day and most people were at work. Either way it was still a lot of fun. We cheered on the Yankees, because Sophia said that being in New York meant that we had to cheer for the home team. We ate hot dogs and nachos, which I am pretty sure was Perseus’ favorite part, and we even managed to snag a foul ball which Sophia was really happy about. By the end of the game we were laughing and having a fun time.

“Root, root, root for the home team if they don’t win it’s a shame!” We sang with the rest of the crowd. “Cause it’s one, two, three strikes you’re out at the old ball game!”

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

“That was a lot of fun!” Perseus said as he wore his new Yankees’ ball cap on top of his head.

“Yeah, definitely better than school,” Leonidas agreed.

“I told you guys that it would be fun,” Sophia said with a smile as she swung our entwined hands to and fro.

“Well its only one o’clock,” Penelope said. “What should we do now?”

“I don’t know about you guys but I could definitely go for something to eat right about now,” Perseus said patting a hand over his stomach.

“You basically ate all the hotdogs that the entire stadium had,” Penelope said.

“But they were so little, they hardly did anything to satisfy me,” he answered with a frown.

“You better watch eating all of that Perseus,” I said.

“Yeah, I think you might be putting on a few pounds,” Leonidas joked with me as we strolled down the sidewalk past crowds of people coming out of shops.

“You know Perseus; if you’re going to be a ladies man then you can’t be fat. Only guy with nice bodies are ladies men,” Sophia said with as serious a face as she could manage. Perseus looked down at his flat stomach.

“Really? Do you guys think I’ve gained weight?” he asked with a frown.

“Maybe,” Penelope said. “And I think Cosmo said that eating all that junk food was bad for you.”

It was all I could do to hold in my laughter. But when Perseus stopped to check his reflection in a shop mirror, I completely lost it along with everyone else. I watched through blurry eyes as he turned from side to side checking his stomach.

“Guys, have I really gained a lot of weight?” he asked totally serious.

“No,” Leonidas finally said once he had stopped laughing. “Now come on, let’s go grab lunch.”

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

“This place is so busy!” Leonidas said as we the five of us sat gathered around a small table in the food court at the mall.

“It’s the mall, what else can you expect?” Sophia said with a shrug.

“Well busy or not, this food is great!” Perseus said as he munched away at his sandwich.

Sophia had convinced us to head to the mall for lunch. She said that afterwards we could hunt around at the shops and even waste some time at the arcade that was there. I couldn’t care less what we did as long as I got to be with her. I knew that she had agreed to be my wife, and to come with me to Mount Olympus, which I was still having a hard time believing, but that didn’t mean that I didn’t love spending every second I possibly could with her.