"How do you know how to fly this?" He asks, "What are you?"

"I-I'm an alien." I state, swaying on the balls of my feet.

"Of course, but what species?"

"Timelord." I whisper.

***

"Yeah, the last place I went was the Cold War. But I went there fifteen years ago. I don't do much traveling anymore," I mutter.

"Do you want to change that?"

"What?"

"Do you want to travel with me?" He questions.

"I- um..."

"You promised a month. It's been over a year," He beams.

"It has," I agree. "I don't know."

***

"Now, first things first. Be honest. How do I look?"

"Different... Yes, that's the word," I mutter.

"Good different or bad different?"

"Well, I'm not quite sure. I'm used to your 'trenchcoat and converse look'. I'm not going to lie, though. You look nice," I state.

"Just nice?" He smirks.

"Well, I mean, no. You always look 'nice'. You look above average right now... Like, a good twelve percent over 'nice'. If that makes sense," I say with a serious face. "Although, you should probably lose the tie."

***

"Doctor!" I cheer.

"Alessa," he says as he reaches forward to hug me. I quickly wrap my arms around his shoulders as he wraps his around my waist. I rest my head on his shoulder, taking in a deep breath of his scent. I close my eyes for a brief second before letting go of him.

***

"I love you, you stupid man!" I shout, slamming my hands on the wall. "Do you not understand that? I don't want you to respond like that... Like you don't care!... Because I do care. I care. So, right now, say something other than that," I demand, anger rushing through me. He takes two steps forward, directly in front of me.

"I love you, Alessa," he says almost in a struggle. I must seem taken back a bit because he rushes to the next part. "That's why I don't demand you go. I want you to be happy. And I'll tell you something else: I'll see you again," he says before quickly grabbing my face. He places his other hand around my back, pulling me close. I feel his breath on my face before I lean in. He kisses me first, making me smile through the tears. I kiss him back, wanting so much more. I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time. My salty tears mix into the kiss, but I ignore it and so does he. He finally pulls back, taking in a deep breath.

***

I slam my head onto the hard dirt causing me to black out. I am picked up, bridal style, and carried some place.

***

I open my eyes. I look around. The first thing that comes to my mind is the Doctor.

"Doctor?" I call out. He rushes to my side.

"Hello," he smiles but it soon fades. "You're old."

"Well, finally my looks are catching up to me," I laugh as I look down at my wrinkly skin. He frowns even more.

"I'm going out to talk," he says. I grab his arm.

"I'm coming too," I mumble and he doesn't say anything. I follow him out. The Theian creatures stand there waiting. I look at them.

"She can't regenerate," one says.

"Why?" the Doctor questions.

"Bad things will happen to you two," the creature informs.

"I bet," I mutter. I look at the Doctor.

"She's dying!" he shouts.

"I can't risk anything bad happening to you, though," I mutter.

"Nothing bad will happen."

Then I remember the warning I received from future him. I have to regenerate. I gather the will in me. I watch as my hands start to glow.

"No!" A creature shouts. "No, she will be too bright. We will be blind! It'll wreck our planet."

"If you leave us alone. If you never come after us again, we will leave before she regenerates."

"We will come after you again."

"No, you won't."

***

He rushes me inside the TARDIS. I look at him as I glow even more.

"No, stop," I mutter. "I'm not going." I fight back. I let out a cry as I open my arms. The light explodes. He jumps behind the console as I yell out in pain.

Then it happens.

I change.