Chapter 12

Inside the TARDIS, the Doctor is fixated by the TARDIS monitor and I am standing beside him. The TARDIS creaks to a halt.

"It's stopped," he says breaking the silence. 

"Where are we?" I question.

"The Medusa Cascade," he mutters. 

"No way..." I trail off. The TARDIS drifts towards what looks like a nebula.

"I came here when I was just a kid. Ninety years old... It was the center of a rift in time and space," he says aloud. 

"We came here together," I mumble.  "So... where are the twenty-seven planets?" I ask. 

"Nowhere. Tandoka trail stops dead. End of the line," he says. 

"So what do we do? Doctor, what do we do?" I ask in a rushed tone. The Doctor continues to stare ahead.

"Y-You never give up! Please!" I shout. 

***

A little later, after sitting in the TARDIS for a while I hear Martha's mobile ringing. Martha ended up having to leave just like Donna did. I don't know why they don't want to stay with him all the time, but I am kind of glad. 

"Phone, the phone!" I hear the Doctor shout. He grabs it and flips it open. "Martha, is that you? There's no signal."

"Follow it," I say almost in a demanding tone.

"Oh, just watch me."He puts on a stethoscope and holds it over the phone. The Doctor takes the stethoscope off.

"Got it! Locking on," he announces. He presses a button on the TARDIS and the console room lights up bright red. Inside the TARDIS, fire is coming up through the grating and the lights are bright red. Sparks go off from the console.

"We're travelling through time! One second in the future. It's the phone call, pulling us through!" The Doctor shouts. "Three, two, one!" The TARDIS flies through the blue transmission rings, being drawn towards the Earth. The twenty-seven planets all dissolve into view. On the TARDIS, it has all been restored to normal. The Doctor  is looking at the monitor in delight.

"Twenty-seven planets. And there's the Earth! But why couldn't we see them?" I ask.

"The entire Medusa Cascade has been put a second out of synch with the rest of the universe. Perfect hiding place, tiny little pocket of time but we found them! Oh, who?" He asks. Just as he was explaining I finally realized it. The screen changes.

"Ooh, what's that? Hold on, hold on. Some sort of subwave network," the Doctor concludes. The screen changes into the four sections of Captain Jack,  Sarah Jane, some boy, Martha and Francine... Or at least that's what the Doctor said in the introduction. 

"Where the hell have you been?! Doctor, it's the Daleks!"Captain Jack yells. 

"Ooh he's a bit nice, I thought he'd be older," Gwen says. 

"He's not that young," Ianto, a man, puts in. 

"Who's this?" Captain Jack asks, gesturing to me. 

"Alessa!" The Doctor beams and Jack looks to me. 

"Alessandra! How have you been?" Jack questions. 

"Great, yeah..."

"Still have that crush on the Doctor? How old were you?" He asks, raising an eyebrow in a suggestive way. I dismiss his question and look to the Doctor. He just continues to look at the screen without saying anything. 

"Young," I mutter. 

"It's the Daleks, they're taking people to their spaceships," Sarah Jane says. I met her a while ago with the Doctor. It's been a while since I've seen her, though. She's gotten older. 

Suddenly, everyone starts talking at once. 

***

"Sarah Jane! Who's that boy? That must be Torchwood. Aren't they brilliant? Look at you all, you clever people," the Doctor says.

"Who is that boy... I know everybody but that boy and that blonde girl."

"Doctor, it's me. I came back," the blonde chick says. I crunch my face, looking to the Doctor in confusion. The Doctor looks at each of the screens, evidently looking for the owner of that voice. 

"It's like an outer-space Facebook," I mutter. "Everyone's here."

"Everyone except Rose," he mumbles and I look at him even more confused. My smile fades as I turn to the Doctor. Then the screen goes black. 

"We've lost them!" I shout out. 

"No, no, no, no, there's another signal coming through, there's someone else out there, hello?!" The Doctor shout as he hits the monitor. 

"Can you hear me? Rose?" he yells into the screen. I feel a stab of jealousy. He seems to care a lot for 'Rose'... Was she his mate before Donna showed up? I try to shrug it off, but it doesn't happen. Suddenly the screen changes. 

"Your voice is different, and yet... its arrogance is unchanged," Some one says. I look up to see Davros. He comes into view on all of the screens.

"Welcome to my new empire, Doctor. It is only fitting that you should bear witness to the resurrection and the triumph of Davros, lord and creator of the Dalek race," Davros says. The Doctor is completely transfixed by the screen, his eyes wide with fear.