Chapter 14

Nothing changed. He was fine. He still looked the same. The problems were solved, just like they always were. How they managed to always be solve seems to amaze me. I don't know how it manages to be all fine in the end. It doesn't really make any sense. I brought this up to the Doctor but he didn't think anything of it... I wonder if it all leads up to something. Maybe it has to be successful in order for something.

We've been traveling for a while. Nothing changes... The Doctor and I save a planet then we go and hang out. It's not normal, especially because I've started getting nightmares. I had them before too. Before I started living on Earth. Before the war. But they all went away when I started living a normal, worry and fear free life. That's the only reason the nightmares have come back. Now, at night, I have the Doctor drop me off at home. Not just because I need a break, but because I don't want him seeing me like this. I don't want him to see me waking up in the middle of the night, screaming because of a nightmare. I don't want him to see that. He thinks I'm even better, now that I travel with him. He thinks it makes me all better, but it doesn't... It makes me worse. The sleepless nights don't make it any better. I just become rude and irritable.

I'm glad I travel with the Doctor, though, because when I'm not having nightmares, I'm happy. Also, he's happy when I'm happy. I can't help but be happy with him.

I know I said I want to stay with him. I said that I would... But what it I can't? I want to, but what if I'm not able to? I don't want that to happen, but looking at the possibilities... It might. 

Currently, I lay awake in bed, thinking these thoughts. I don't want to think them, but I do. I look directly at the ceiling, not wanting to get up. I end up hearing something that makes me jump. I look around my room wildly. I reach for my sonic screwdriver, making my way to the door of my room. Then, I hear it again... 

The shuffling of feet. My heart catches in my throat. I tighten my grip on my sonic screwdriver as my face goes pale. I crouch-walk down the stairs. When I hear the intruder in my living room, I make my way towards the kitchen. I make a quiet run towards my sink. I open the cupboard under it, grabbing out a fire extinguisher. I don't realize the sound my sonic screwdriver makes as I throw it onto the counter. I hear the shuffling of feet stop. I slowly turn around with the fire extinguisher in my hands. I take a step forward, ready to attack. The intruder leaps from behind the door. I pull the lever on the extinguisher, causing the white foam to spray out. I hear the intruder yell in pain. 

"It got in my eye! Wait, in my eye?!" He cries out. I spring forward, slamming the extinguisher into his gut, making him double over. He lets out a groan as I swing again. "Wait! Wait!" He counters, putting his hands up. I step back, startled by his sudden actions. "Don't hit me."

"Who the hell are you, and what are you doing in my home?!" I yell out, holding the extinguisher in a threatening way. He puts his hands in front of him.

"I'm from the future," he states hesitantly. 

"Yeah, I bet. What are you doing in my house?!" I yell again. 

"I'm helping you. Just... sit down," he says. I walk to the wall and switch the light on. I turn around only to see a man with long, floppy hair, a tweed blazer, and a bowtie. I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Listen," he starts. He sits down on the couch before quickly standing up. "Not sitting there. Anyways, okay, listen. Tomorrow morning, when the Doctor asks you to go on a trip with him... Don't. Do not go on that trip, whatever you do, don't. You will- I can't say, but just don't. Even if it... wrecks something you have with him. Us- You being apart is better than you being dead. He won't understand, but I need you to listen to me. Do not get inside his TARDIS. Don't do anything with him. Stop- just stop traveling with him," he says in a rushed tone. 

"What? No, I won't stop traveling with him... I just thought about this. I can't stop now. Not yet. Why are you telling me this?" I ask in a rushed tone like his. "Who are you?" I ask but he ignores me. He walks out the front door and I can't help but follow him. I look around to see a TARDIS. My eyes widen. I rush forward but the doors slam shut. I decide to turn away when the TARDIS doors are opened again. The man's head peaks out. 

"I'm the Doctor, and if you listen... I just saved your life."