Chapter 16

Two months. Two whole months that I haven't seen the Doctor. I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't come back, but he took the bait. I'm a bit upset that I haven't seen him but I'm glad he listened to me. 

Listening. I listened to the man who claimed to be the Doctor. If he was the Doctor he would know who I am, and understand that I can regenerate. I can't die. That couldn't have been the Doctor... Unless something happened. If I couldn't regenerate. What if I didn't because it was my choice? What if I decided not to regenerate? Why would I do that? That doesn't even make any sense. I would regenerate. 

I look up from the shelf I'm stacking books on.  Beatrix walks up to me, unaware that I came back to work. 

"What are you doing back here?" She asks with a smile. I stack the last book before looking back at her. I turn around. 

"Working. The same thing you are," I state.

"I see... I thought you quit," she mumbles. 

"Never," I announce before she walks away. I continue stacking books before I decide to dust off the computers. I check the time on one of the computers. I decide I should take my lunch break now, or I won't have it at all. 

***

I throw the wrapper of my food away before heading back to the library. I pull into the parking lot, parking the car. I turn it off before I get out. I wrap my scarf tighter around my neck as I walk inside. I notice the peculiar look on Beatrix's face. I slowly make my way towards her. 

"Hey..." I start, "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine... Someone, uhh, stopped by to see you," she says. "He didn't give me a name, though," Is all she says. 

"Oh," I say, not quite sure how to respond. 

"Did I forget to mention he's sitting in a beanbag chair by the books?" She questions. I shake my head before she points me in the direction. I hesitantly walk over. I don't see anything past the bookcase as I walk. I come around the corner of the bookcase, only to see the floppy haired man who claims to be the Doctor. 

"Hello?..." I trail off. His head snaps up from the Dr. Seuss book in his hands. 

"Oh hello!" He greets me as he sets down the book. "I really need to get one of these," he states, gesturing to the beanbag chair. I nod along, not saying anything for a while. 

"What do you need?"

"Oh, that's a bit rude. Have you always been so rude? I think I've grown used to it..." He trails off. 

"Why are you here?" I ask abruptly. 

"You didn't listen to me," he says in almost a whiny voice. 

"And? That's a bad thing" I question and his face drops. I watch the sadness fill his eyes. 

"Yes, very," he says. "Well, I mean, you won't listen to me. You listened to me the first time, but then when he asks you again, you say yes!" He shouts out. "Why?"

"What are you talking about? The Doctor hasn't been here in two months," I inform. 

"Two months? Two months... Ah, I have to go! See you again, soon! Also, say no!" He shouts before running off. I sigh before sitting back down, having no clue what that was for. As soon as my body hits the beanbag chair, I see a figure in front of me. I look up only to see the Doctor. My Doctor. Not the floppy hair and bowtie one, but the one I know. I stand, looking his straight in the eye. 

"Hey," I say with a small smile. 

"Hello."

"Hi," I say again. 

"Hola," he says before speaking again. "Do you wan't to go on an adventure?" He questions aloud. 

"I don't-" And that's when I stop thinking. I look at his desperate, unknowing face. God, I have to go with him. I have to make him happy. I have to go on an adventure. I do, because if I didn't, I would be leaving him, and last time I did that it wasn't the best. "I do. Yeah, let's go," I answer in a rushed tone for the fear of myself changing my mind. 'Future him' told me not to, but I have to. Anyways, he should know that I don't listen. Whatever is to come, I can handle it. I always do. I look up at him, our kiss coming back to my head. I smile at him, ready to go. 

He grabs my hand. 

"Run."

***

A/N: Introducing my own 'alien' creature in the next chapter! Enjoy! A bumpy ride is yet to come!