Chapter 19

My eyes flutter open. I look around, unsure of where I am. I look around to see some odd looking creatures. They smile at me.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"You're at home," one says.

"Why was I sleeping in the middle of the day?" I question as I look down at my watch. I look at my old, wrinkly skin.

"Umm, you were asleep for three months, actually," I hear in a deep voice. My droopy eyes widen.

"Why?" I ask, trying to think back before now... Well, anytime at all. "I live here? What's my-" I stop mid-sentence... I don't know my name. In fact, I don't know nothing at all. I take a breath. "I don't remember anything from before my sleep."

"Anything?"

"Nothing..." I trail off. Then they start talking to each other.

"She's aged," another states. I listen closer.

"I didn't know Time Lords aged."

Time Lord? I swear I've heard that somewhere before... I think. I walk away, through a passage that leads me above ground. I step out the door. I look around at the trees and the river that flows through. I look at the brightly shining sun. I hear something behind me. I slowly turn around.

"Let me show you to your room, " One of the creatures mumbles. She brings me back under the ground and down a hallway. She opens a door, revealing a room for me. I walk in, already tired from all the walking.

"May I have some water?" I question. She nods before walking out to get me some. I look in the mirror at myself. My gray hair falls down on my shoulders. My skin, old and wrinkled. I sigh... How did my life fly by and manage not to let me remember anything?

I turn around to make my way to the bed. I lay down on it, already starting to fall asleep.

***

I wake up again only to hear yelling outside my door.

"The light is already gone! The plants are dead again. We need to hook her back up!"

"Okay," I hear just as my door opens. I am violently grabbed by the arm. They bring me back to the machine. I am stabbed with sharp needles. A switch is flipped and I suddenly feel the life being sucked from me. I look at my skin starting to shrivel up. I look to see my bones showing through my skin. My head starts to get drowsy. My eyes start to close and my head drops. Then, it stops. The lights go off and everyone starts to run around.

"I'm here," I hear somebody say as they unhook me. "Run."

I stumble out of the chair, struggling to make a run for it. I look forward, making my way out from under the ground. I make it to the newly swamped planet. I take a deep breath, before crouching over.

I know that voice. I've heard that voice before. I recognize it. Then I am tapped on the shoulder.

"Okay, let's go. We'll figure this out," the man says. I stop in my tracks, recognizing this man. He wears a trench coat and Converse.

"W-Who are you?" I spit out. I know him from somewhere....

"I'm the Doctor."

I stop. My head fills with excruciating pain as memories start to fill my head once again. It hits me all at once, causing me to fall to the ground. I remember everything. Memories fill my head.