Chapter 7

"We have to pick up Donna," the Doctor states as he pulls a few levers. I nod before speaking. I reach into my pocket, pulling out my sonic screwdriver to examine it. The TARDIS jerks and I fall to the side. My screwdriver flies out of my hand as I land on the ground. I look up from the ground to see my screwdriver besides the feet of the Doctor. He reaches down and picks it up. I flips it around in his hands, looking closely at it. "I think you broke it... How do you break one of these?" He questions. "Let me keep this and see if I can fix it."

"No," I groan. "I did not break that, did I?! Damn...Alright... Also, she better be ready to leave when we get there."

"Oh yes. She will."

***

In the TARDIS, the Doctor, I and Donna are clinging furiously to the console as the TARDIS flies violently through the vortex. The Doctor tries to regain some control. Sparks are flying, Donna and I are screaming while the Doctor has a look of deep concern. I look over to him, noticing. 

"What the hell's it doing?" Donna ask. 

"She," I correct in a whispering tone. 

"Controls aren't working!" He answers back. He tries again with a control and sparks fly. He falls to the floor and sees his hand in the jar bubbling wildly. "I don't know where we're going but my old hand's very excited about it!"

"I thought that was just some freaky alien thing! You're telling me it's yours?" Donna questions.

"Well..." The Doctor starts. 

"It got cut off. He grew a new one," I say plainly. 

"You are completely... impossible!" Donna yells back. 

"Not impossible, just... a bit unlikely!" He manages to spit out. The TARDIS makes one last explosion,  and sparks fly. The Doctor, Donna, and I fall back. The Doctor lands in the chair next to the console, and I land right on top of him. 

"Hi," I smile. The TARDIS lands and The Doctor looks at us before suddenly running towards the door and outside. Donna and I follow. We seem to be in some underground tunnel, littered with junk and old equipment. 

"Why would the TARDIS bring us here?" I ask.  He licks his hands and looks into the distance. Just then we hear a loud noise. I look over to see soldiers coming. 

"Don't move, stay where you are! Drop your weapons," a man says. The soldiers point their guns at us, but we show that we are unarmed. 

"We're not armed! Look, no weapons. Never any weapons. We're safe," the Doctor informs. 

"Look at their hands. They're clean," another man states. 

"Alright, process them! Him first," the man gestures to the Doctor. The two soldiers who accompanied the man move towards the Doctor. They grab him and drag him towards a strange machine.

"Oi, oi! What's wrong with clean hands?!" 

"What's going on?" I ask. 

"Leave him alone!" Donna shouts. The Doctor's hand is forced into the machine. He yells in pain as the machine whizzes. 

"Something tells me this isn't about to check my blood pressure," the Doctor announces before yelling out in pain.