Chapter 2

"No, no. There are no Timelords left... Unless you're... No," The man says. "Can't be."

"I need to go," I state before opening the door to the TARDIS. I walk out, and trail off down the street.

"Alessa, wait," He says. I spin around, facing him.

"What?" I ask, totally unaware that I gave him my name. "How do you know my name? Only the-"

"Only the Doctor called you that?" He questions.

"Oh my- It's you?" I ask, shock consuming me.

"Hello!" He beams before I start getting dizzy.

"I'm gonna... Go to... Bed," I mutter before falling unconscious.

***

My eyes fly open, my instincts kicking in. I jump out of the soft, unfamiliar bed. I look around, noticing that this isn't my house, nor my room. I take the assumption that the Doctor put me in this bed. I wander out into the hallways, wanting to find my way out of this maze. This TARDIS is very unorganized compared to mine. I manage to find my way into the console room. I see the Doctor playing with the buttons while Donna sits on the bench, swinging her legs as she talks to him.

I take his distraction towards Donna to make a run for it. I run to the TARDIS doors. I grab at the door, trying to find the handles. I snap my fingers, waiting for the door to open, but it doesn't. I slowly turn to see the two pairs of eyes on me.

"I want to leave," I mutter.

"I see that," he smiles. "Didn't you miss me?"

"No."

"What? Why?" He questions, quite shocked. I notice the pain on his face as I look away. I ignore his question.

"How did you find me?"

"It was easy, really..." He trails off.

"Why did you find me?" I ask.

"I wanted to... Well, I needed to find you," he states.

"Well, I didn't want you to."

"...Why?" He asks and Donna just sits on the bench, trying not to pay attention to our bickering.

"Because... Because I thought you were dead. I left you back on Gallifrey... I left you there to die..." I mutter.

"Well, not dead!" He smiles, "and you're not dead either."

"I want to be... I can't stand looking at your face, the one I thought was dead. Well, I mean, it was a different face..." I trail off.

"You have a different face... What are you on?"

"Ninth," I reply.

"Tenth," he smiles.

"I accidentally stabbed myself," I laugh and it soon burns out. He sighs.

"I knew you were alive. That's why I came looking for you... I missed you," he mumbles. I look down, not saying anything in response. He hesitates before he speaks again "Now that I have found you, we can finally travel together! Well, I mean, we already have... Well, not much-"

"No," I mutter as he looks to me.

"Not now?"

"Not for a while. I'm still not ready. I enjoy the time I have that isn't used for saving the human race. I got bored. I was alone. I just wanted a break... Which, that turned into retirement. Now I have a job at the library, and I have a good life that consist of Netflix and food," I smile, thinking back to my work.

***

And like that he was gone, and I didn't really mind. He said he'd be back in a month. I agreed, seeing as it would give me enough time to back away from my average human life.

Then, it became two months.

I hadn't done anything about it. At this point I really didn't care. You loose track of time easily when time traveling so I figured it wasn't a big deal. I just had to remember what patience was like.

Three months had passed. At this point I started loosing hope. I could have just gone out to find him, but did I really want to do that?

Four. Four whole months of me waiting went by.

Five. After five I just stopped waiting. I went back on to my average life, forgetting that he ever found me.

Now, a year later I sit in my house watching a television show. I hear the thunder boom, and I see the lightning crack in the sky as I glance out the window. Then I see something.

I ignore it, thinking my mind is messing with me. Then suddenly my doorbell rings.