Chapter 6

"Are you alright?" I question. He doesn't say anything, but I can see the anger in his eyes. "Okay, let's leave... Thank you, Joseph," I mutter before taking the Doctor's arm. He follows me outside and that's when I realize my Martini is still in my hand. I sigh before finishing the drink off. I look over at him. I bring him to my car, and I watch as he visibly starts to calm. I get in the drivers side before noticing that I am under the influence of alcohol. "Umm..." I start. "Can you drive?"

"Yes," is all he says. We switch sides, and he takes off driving. The car ride is silent. We don't say a thing, and I'm glad.

***

We pull into my garage and I quickly unbuckle my seat. I get out, ready to escape the horrific silence in my vehicle. I walk straight into my house, shutting the door on the Doctor. I slump down on my couch, waiting a few minutes before he walks in.

"I'm sorry," he utters.

"You should be. You made a scene back there," I argue. "What the hell was that?" I yell.

"I-"

"I don't want to hear anything! I knew you were getting upset back there."

"You were 'flirting' with the bartender!" he defends in a high pitched voice.

"No, I was not... Okay, but it's fine for you to enjoy those women flirting with you?"

"Yes! I can enjoy it... Do you remember what it was like back on Gallifrey? You and I were always together, but never together. I-I loved- You would always introduce met to your mates, making me jealous. Tonight reminded me of that," he mumbles. That's when I start to smile.

"I would always do that on purpose. I had one outcome that I always wanted... It was you. But you never did anything about it, so I gave up on trying," I give away. "I loved you." He doesn't say anything after that. I just leave him on the couch as I hurry to get ready for bed. I put on my pajamas. "Okay, I'm under the influence and I'm kinda glad... Because if I wasn't, I probably would've never said that." He just looks at me with the biggest eyes. His hair is all messy and flopped to the side, adding an extra bit of attractiveness. I look away. "I'm going to bed." He stands up, ready to leave.

"Good-bye," he says as he walks to his TARDIS.

"Can you stay?" I abruptly question. How fast I asked, almost startles me. I shake my head, "If you want. I mean, I don't-" I rant. He cuts me off.

"Yes!" He says almost in an excited tone. I smile at his eagerness. I start to walk off, but he just stays seated on the sofa.

"Are you coming?"

"Oh right, well, I thought I would sleep here," he gestures to my sofa. I just walk off, towards my room. I trot right up to my bed, ready to sleep. I hide under my covers, unconsciousness almost consumes me until someone walks into my room. I don't open my eyes, but I know it's the Doctor. He climbs into my bed, causing me to tense. I can feel his weight next to me, and his breath on my neck. I close my eyes, remembering how close we use to be. We were best friends. We were soulmates.

I let unconsciousness take me this time.

***

I awake with an arm draped over me, and a body curled around me. I look around wildly, realizing I'm stuck in the grasp of the Doctor. I manage to turn around but that just causes his face to be directly facing mine.  A smile creeps onto my face as I see his eyes. Normally so dark and gloomy, are currently happy and alive. I stay in this position for a while longer. I almost have and urge to hold him closer. I shrug it off, still feeling his breath on my face.

But then, I feel a sneeze coming on. I hold my breath, pushing away from him. I fall out of my bed, onto the floor. Just then, I go to sneeze but then I stop. I don't sneeze. The Doctor slowly awakes. Once he does, he looks in my direction.

"Good morning!" He smiles as he climbs out of bed. "What are you doing on the floor? I didn't shove you off, did I? I like to shove."

"Nope. Sneeze. I had a false sneeze," I groan. I get up, off the floor. "I'm going to get dressed, then eat, then we can go."

"Okay," he says, still happy. I look at his excitement.

"Alright," I nod, not quite sure how to handle this. "Sleep well?"

"Oh yes!"

***

A/N: HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER. Sorry, it's a bit short for a chapter. Enjoy! Be excited for the next chapter. (That's a demand.)