Chapter 18

I learned now why the future Doctor didn't want me coming here. I think, I guess. It could get a lot worse.

I look around at the underground cave-like area. The cell that I am in is damp. The bars of the cell are green. Plants are growing up the side of the cave. I stick my head between the bars. 

"Doctor?" I ask in a hushed tone. I don't hear anything. 

"We let him go," I hear. I whip my head to the left. "He is no use. We only need you."

"Who are you?" I ask the gollum-like creature. 

"We are the Theians."

"...Theians? Like, Antheia?" I question. 

"Yes. Antheia was the Goddess of gardens, flowers, swamps, and marshes," a smaller one answers. I look his way before speaking again. 

"Why do you need me?"

"We need you to rejuvenate our planet," a Theian announces. "A long time ago, we have the most beautiful planet. It was full of wonderful plants. It was a ginormous garden, big enough to fill a planet! It was amazing until a new planet came into orbit. It was knocked off its path, so it crashed into ours. We were devastated when morning didn't come. No light was shining on our world. That pathetic planet was blocking the sun's way to us. We had no light on a planet that was a garden. We needed that light in order to survive. We needed that. Over half of our kind was killed off by starvation. We were dying out... Our plants were dying out... Until we found you. You are here now to save us and our planet. You will be a sacrifice in order to save this world. We need you as much as we needed the sun. We will use you in many ways... As a light source and as a revival for this place," one informs. Others cheer with proudness as she speaks. 

"What if I say no?" I question. 

"That is not an option," another growls. I stand still, not saying anything. The fear of this unknown creature roams through me. They stop looking at me before they start whispering to each other. I try to listen but they are too quiet. I just give up before slumping back into my cell. I let out a sigh, just wanting to be back in the presence of the Doctor. They look my way. 

"We're going to start now," one says unlocking the cell. I back farther into the wall, wanting to escape this place. I want to get out. They grab me by my arm, pulling me in their direction. I end up just letting them drag me. I know there is no possible way for me to escape right now. I watch as they take me to another underground area. They move one of the boulders that are blocking the way as if it was a door. They harshly place me in a chair causing me to let out a groan. They immediately hook me up. 

"We have to insert the tubes now," a new one says. It's a female one. I calmly look her way as she holds a gigantic needle. I shudder at the thought of that stick being poked into my skin. I close my eyes as she walks closer. She rubs my arm with a watery substance before instantly stabs the needle in my arm. "Wow, she is very powerful," the female stutters in surprise. I almost roll my eyes. I would but I start to feel a tugging feeling. Like something is being sucked away from me. I almost start to feel weak and tired. My eyes start to droop as I weary and jaded. I look around cautiously and nervously. 

"She's going fast," I hear. I don't think much of that comment until I hear something else. "She won't remember much at all when she wakes up."

"W-What?... I d-don't know what that means..." I slowly respond, not knowing what to say or do as I sit there, completely useless to myself. My eyes finally close, but I am too weak to open them. I can barely move a finger already... It feels as if the life was being drained from me. My whole existence just being sucked away. It's leaving my body behind... It's gone. I feel no pain though as I gradually feel consciousness slipping away from me. 

Oh, how much I want the Doctor right now...