Dinner Announcements

Start from the beginning

Donovan was a very handsome man despite the heavy drinking. He was also a good man and in her opinion made a very good father to Delilah. Lily was lucky to have him as a brother.

"He knows, but not the why," Gemma said and watched Donovan raise his eyebrows.

"Keeping secrets from your old man, Gem?"

"What like our kids have done to us? Jax and Delilah will be telling them at dinner on Sunday."

Donovan crossed his toned arms as he took in her words, "I understand having the dinner, I really do, but is it really Delilah's obligation to announce it to the whole club? Jax should do that on his own time."

"Delilah is a part of this club, now."

"She ain't no damn Old Lady, Gem. I already can see the ideas forming in your head. Hell, I can already read it over your face."

"They slept with each other for a reason, Don. I just want to ensure the security of my grandson's family." Gemma said, defending her motivations.

"Yeah, and you will push it so these two begin a relationship when they aren't ready for it, and not only do they hurt each other, but their little boy will as well. Just let them figure out their shit on their own."

Gemma pursed her lips. Sometimes she hated how well Donovan knew her. Regardless of being a drunk, he was too damn aware of everything that happened around him. No one could even blindside Donovan Carmine.

"Besides, your boy is already there, just have to let my niece catch up." He added on.

Gemma narrowed her eyes suspiciously, "And you're okay with this?"

Donovan looked at her incredulously, "Fuck no, but shit can't be done about it now. I have to accept it." He told her as he went over to his truck.

"Not staying here with us ladies?"

"Nah, I hear about it enough from Delilah, and knowing how you are I prefer to have my sanity intact and keep the actual excitement of Delilah having a baby."

"Asshole," Gemma replied causing Donovan to grin at her. Gemma walked up closer to him, her eyes serious, "Lily know?"

"Haven't heard from her in a while."

Gemma scoffed, "Figures."

Gemma knew losing a husband was hard no matter the experience and maybe Lily would never have that closure as Phillip was just declared missing. However, to Gemma, that gave Lily no excuse to check out especially when she had a little girl and boy at home. Gemma, of course, would have had no problem in taking in the kids, but Donovan easily took over that role as guardian.

It was best for Gemma to just think of her best friend as dead.

"I want to tell her...about Delilah and the baby, but what good does it do. It ain't going to help Delilah."

"Well Lily has always been known to be selfish and no matter what we both know it is true. She always had a knack for getting into trouble and Phillip wasn't any better."

"Despite his problems he treated my sister and Delilah right." Don defended the man that did give him his niece and nephew.

It was left unsaid that those problems were also one of the reasons he was also missing.

"Well I think it's best Delilah and Lip don't know about those problems. It was a messy and complicated time back then," Gemma commented.

Donovan raised his eyebrow affronted, "And whose fault was that exactly?"