[8] Acceptance - Waking Up In Another World 2 - LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 8: On my own

I ran threw the forest, my feet pounding against the soft dirt. I was furious. That stupid Ent had screwed up everything! And I had liked Ent’s to!

‘Fred!’ – I called out, and then again, ‘Fred!’

Fred’s voice sounded tired and sick, ‘Yes?’

‘What is the matter?’ – I asked in concern. Yes, concern about my voice!

‘Get out of this forest….’ – Fred trailed off, and I heard nothing else.

Great. Now I really was alone. I raced threw the forest, branches tearing at me face, and arms.

Soon blood was congealing all over my face, making it look like I had been mauled my either a weed eater, or a pack of rabid cats.

I saw the edge of the forest and lunged out, rolling across the grass, and landing with a ‘THUD’ on my back.

‘Fred?’ – I asked.

‘Glad that you got out of there! It was horrid!’ – Fred’s voice shook.

‘What happened?’ – I asked, sitting up on one elbow.

‘I couldn’t move, and barely speak! All I could do was watch television!’

‘That’s not so bad!’ – I told Fred, trying to console it.

‘You don’t understand! I was stuck watching Barney!’ – Fred told me hysterically.

‘I never watched Barney!’ – I told Fred.

Fred calmed down long enough to say, ‘I know! I can pick up all channels, and radio stations from modern earth!’

‘You didn’t tell me?’ – I said angrily, I could have known if time was passing, or if Mom and Dad missed me!

Fred was to hysterical to tell me though, and all it kept saying as I set off again was, ‘I love you-you love me!’ – over and over again.

I jogged for two days, and then until about noon the next day. I was walking threw a fielded area when Fred roared to me, ‘Down!’ – and I dropped to the ground.

‘Look!’ – Fred insisted, and I saw three small shapes climbing a hill, maybe a mile away.

‘Is that them?’ – I asked Fred excitedly. ‘Why is there one more?’

‘I can’t be sure!’ – said Fred angrily. ‘My sense still aren’t totally fixed after my ‘exposure’.

I rolled my eyes, and got to my feet, racing down the hill as fast as I could go.

I ran faster than I had when I heard that they had free weapons training downtown! Or when they put whipped cream on for 80% off!

I raced over the last hill about 15 minutes later, and what I saw made me draw my sword.