A 'Sirius' Kind of Love (A Sirius Black Love Story)

Start from the beginning

"Hey...um hello? Daniels," a voice whispered next to me, trying to get my attention.

"What?" I scowled when I saw the boy sitting next to me.

"Tsk, tsk," he said clicking his tongue. "Not very friendly, are we."

"Zip it Black," I snapped before directing my attention back towards the sorting.

"Evans, Lily." A pretty, red head climbed the steps to the stool and sat down. As with my sisters, the hat almost immediately proclaimed her house, though she was a Gryffindor.

"Black, scoot down," I whispered as the girl called Lily stood up to walk over to our table.

"Why should I?" he asked arrogantly.

"Because I don't want to sit next to you," I hissed back. He glared at me, but moved a chair over, creating room for Lily. She walked over and scowled at Black before turning her back on him. I grinned to myself. We were going to get along just fine.

"Hi, I'm Courtney, but you can call me Cory," I said as she turned her back on Black.

"I'm Lily," she said giving me a smile, which I returned.

Before the night was over, nine other first years had joined the Gryffindor table. There were five boys: James Potter, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Frank Longbottom (I had to stop myself from laughing when I heard that one), and Alexander Wilkins. The other four were girls who were called Marlene McKinnon, Mary McDonald, Joselynn Thompson, and Alice Peterson. Lily had told me all about what James Potter and Black had done to her friend, Severus. I assured her James was just being silly, I actually knew him, and was friends with him. She just snorted in response and described him as 'an arrogant, bullying toerag'. Personally, I thought the description fit Black better.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see my sisters standing there smiling at me. "Hey, Cor. Sorry you didn't get into Ravenclaw," Beth said, giving me a tight hug.

Lily looked from Beth and Amy to me and asked, "Are you guys siblings?"

Amy nodded and I said, "We're triplets."

"No way! Why didn't you tell me?" she exclaimed.

I giggled slightly, "Guess I forgot."

Amy looked at me worriedly and asked in a low voice, "What do you think mother will do?"

I frowned and shrugged, "Hopefully she won't be too mad."

"Why would your mum be mad about you getting into Gryffindor?" Lily questioned looking confused.

"You see, our whole family-" Beth started.

"Has been in Ravenclaw and our mum-" Amy continued her sentence.

"Expected us all to get into Ravenclaw," I finished, grinning at Lily's bewildered expression.

"Um, do you guys always finish eachother's sentences?"

"No," we all chorused, laughing.

"COURTNEY REESE DANIELS! GET OUT OF BED THIS MINUTE!" my mother shouted from down the stairs, waking me from my dream. I frowned, I had been dreaming about my first night at Hogwarts. When I remembered I was going back to Hogwarts today for my sixth year, I leapt out of bed and put on a maroon sweatshirt, along with dark blue skinny jeans. I pulled my black boots on and tucked my wand in them, not wanting to carry it. After tying my hair back in a ponytail, I raced down the stairs.

I somehow managed to trip on the last step and fall flat on my face. Amy laughed at me, while Beth stuck her hand out to help me up. I took it gratefully and shot a glare towards Amy, who wouldn't stop laughing at my fall.