"So, arcade or beach?" Sadie asked.

"Arcade, always better!" CC and I said at the same time. 

"Okay, gross, you two are a couple." Sadie rolled her eyes. 

We shrugged and went to the arcade. So, far dating CC has no problems. Its perfect. However, lets skip a month into our relationship. Where things start to fall apart. CC and I were hanging out in her apartment. Kit was out shopping with Sadie. And CC was happy to spend some time with me alone. We were making out, then she went into her room. Once she came out, I noticed she had a bag in her hand. I looked confused. 

"Whats that?" I asked.

"Remember that Ripley kid that we met? The one dating Sadie." 

I nodded. 

 "Well, he scored me a bag of shrooms. I thought we could try them together."

"Hell yeah." I reached in and grabbed a handful. 

So did CC. Within an hour we were tripping. The next morning, I knew I blacked out. CC was in her bed and so was I. Did we have sex? Probably not, hopefully not. I'm still a virgin. Or at least I hope I am. A few hours later, CC woke up. I skipped work today, I'm probably fired already. Who cares? It's just a stupid job and I don't even talk to my parents anymore. So, I owe them nothing. CC walked into the living where I was watching TV. 

"Hey, babe. Did you black out?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Same here. So, what's the plan for today."

"Do you have anymore shrooms?" I asked.

"Thank god, I thought you were going to say responsibility."

Weeks passed, soon they turned into months. 3 months to be exact. All CC and I were doing were taking drugs. Once shrooms got boring, we moved on. Taking anything we could find. Throughout the days, we wouldn't leave her place. Kit eventually moved out. But one day, I was so happy that Kit forgot something. She came into CC's apartment and noticed I was on the floor with no response. Before she looked for CC, she called Wyatt, who drove me to the hospital. CC was nowhere to be found. Luckily within 2 days, I was okay. When I woke up. I looked around. The hospital felt like a safe place. The doctor checked me into rehab. And yet CC was still nowhere to be found. A month into rehab, I could finally get visitors. The first person to come and see me was Sadie. I was confused. Why her? We hate each other. I sat with her outside on a bench. I probably look like shit. 

"Why drugs?" She asked.

I shrugged, "It made me happy."

"You should've been happy just being CC."

I nodded, "I know that now. Where is she anyways?"

"Her and Ash are a thing. I don't know, but he did get her off drugs." 

"And I was the one who ended up in rehab."

"It's for the best. You were in a toxic relationship." 

"Why are you here?"

"Because I care about you. I'm your friend." 

"You and Kit seem to be my only friends at this point. Wyatt refuses to talk to me and Ash hasn't been seen for days. At least that's what Kit told me." 

"Well, now you know what's up with Ash. Are you mad?"

I shook my head, "Our relationship didn't mean anything important. I thought I'd be happier with her, I've liked since day one."

"And I liked you since day one. Sometimes things don't work out."

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"I never thought I would be telling you this. But yeah. I don't know what it was, but I've always had a thing for you." 

"I think deep down, I had a thing for you too." 

"You were blinded."

"What about you and Ripley?" I asked.

"Um, lets just say he was toxic too."

"What do you mean?" 

"He was abusive and um, well-"

"Don't say anymore. I don't want to make you go through that again."

She smiled and we looked at each other. We kissed and this kiss felt right. Not like CC's and mine. I actually enjoyed it a lot. 

"So. What now?" I asked.

"Now, I visit you every day, you tell me you progress and work on getting you out of here. Kit's going to come with me tomorrow." 

I nodded, "Sounds like a plan. How about when I'm out? Where do I go?" 

"You move in with my family. I told my dad about you and he's happy to help."

I smiled, "Perfect."

-End of Dream-

I woke up. Wow, so was that the alternative? I would have never met my brother, I would've lost my job and ended up in rehab. But I think all that matters is that I ended up with Sadie. I wondered if she really liked me since day one? I'll have to ask her that. Anyways, I think I like this reality. It just feels right.