Chapter 6: A Burning Bond

Start from the beginning

"I wanna talk about Aiden." I sighed after a long pause.

"I wanna talk about us." He responded.

"I wanna talk about Aiden. I want you to know that I want you in his life, he needs you and I think it'd be good for him." I sighed.

"Adalaid hurting you wasn't a plan, it wasn't my intention. Even back then. I just- I don't know what happened that night. I was so drunk and my hormones were aching. I never meant to rape you." He pleaded to me taking me back to that night.

"I think it's a good idea if you came on maybe Friday nights around 6 or so to get him and brought him back the same time on Saturdays." I sighed knowing it was a long drive and calculating it all in my head. "You'd probably have to move closer or something for that though. So maybe Thursday mornings to Saturday nights?"

"I thought you were beautiful, trying to play it cool but I knew you were nervous. I was too, but I didn't show. I'd learned too good from my dad how to play it cool." He started smiling. "I could tell you weren't a drinker. I still remember how scared you were when you called me. You said you were late.. I thought you were talking about to a dentist appointment or something, like you wanted a ride somewhere or something. I was so lost."

"But we might be moving closer if Ryan and his uncle come up with the right plans to set up a Ice Cream place in the town over, that's only a 2 hour drive or so. Cut it down to one if you take a shortcut, I could map that out for you." I choked not wanting to remember it all.

"I remember the day I rejected you, you were so pretty and solemn through breakfast. I wanted to talk but you.. You didn't. You wanted me out of your life and I thought rejecting you would make my wolf stop wanting you." Eric sighed looking at me.

"I should know if we're moving or not by the time Ryan gets home tonight. We're leaving tomorrow morning though, at least, that's the plan. He has to get back to work and I need to get back into schedule before I get too lazy." I stated forcing a smiled as tears brimmed my eyes.

"I remember the countless nights were my wolf craved yours, and I craved closeness. I remember the night I apologized, told you I wanted you. That night you were mine. Only mine, But I left early, 4 am to go with my father without a warning. No goodbye. The way I'm use to and I tried to replace you with a girl I thought was stronger, but she wasn't what I wanted. My wolf felt so cold around her I nickname her frostbite." He sighed.

"Stop." I said weakly.

"I went back for you, I had come to the conclusion you might've waited for me. I was wrong. Rumors like wildfire that you were moving in with him burned my ears as soon as I got to town." He frowned.

"STOP IT!!" I yelled jumping up turning away my fist balled at my sides. I could tell he'd re-positioned himself behind me.

"I brought you to the hospital to deliver Aiden, and that day I.. I knew you needed me to go away. I thought it was what you wanted. You had finally fallen out of love with me, when I had just come to terms with the fact I was in love with you. I was too late, but Ryan... Ryan was right on time wasn't he?" Eric whispered.

"Why? Why was it so hard for you to just show me loved me Eric? It wasn't hard for me to love you. Rape, rejection, so on and so forth. I loved you, as dumb as it sounds, I did. All you ever did was walk away, leave me. You were a coward and I was a rug for you to walk on and throw out when it was too worn!" I shouted.

"I don't know! I don't know alot of things. I was afraid I was gonna neglect you, there was too much on my plate for a girlfriend. Then you told me you were pregnant, it was alot to handle." He sighed.