"Dey what happened to you?"

"Nothing da!"

"You are worried about something. Tell me da?"

I told him my situation. About Fiona, school culturals, Serene’s invitation and everything else. He listened everything patiently. I felt happy that some people did really care for me.

"So you want to perform in college but afraid of Fiona avoiding you huh?"

"Yes! What can I do?"

"If you ask me, the seniors who are performing in the stage with Fiona are talented, but they think everyone is inferior to them. If you perform with the first years and win, it will teach them a lesson. But since Fiona is involved, you make the decision"

"Thanks for advice buddy! Do you know someone who plays music?"

"Ya I know a guy named Kaushik from Mechanical department. I have seen him play drums at a function somewhere"

"Drums? Perfect! I badly wanted a drummer for my band"

After I reached home, I called Serene through phone.

"I’m ready for the culturals. Fiona may be the person I like but I won’t easy go on her this time. And you know what I found a drummer for our band. We’ll start our practice from tomorrow evening at my house! Ok?"

"Cool Yash! Let’s Rock this"

We Practised in the evening every day and it sounded way too cool than my previous school band.

"You know what? This team is even better than my school team because the female voices in team blend with male voices and give a refreshing feel to it! You all should have been in my school at that time"

"Ha ha where is the drummer you told about?"

I was thinking the same in my mind! Just then, he arrived.

"Why are you late Kaushik?"

"Sorry dude! I was blocked by the seniors of our college"

"WTF?"

"They told me that they wanted me to play drums for a single portion of the song. I told I’m not interested in the band. For that they mocked at me and said we had had no chance of winning them"

"So rude. Don’t worry pangu we’ll teach them who is boss!"

So we practised sincerely every day. Madhav played the keyboard, Sowmya played violin and sang. Serene sang wonderfully and Kaushik rocked on the drums! All my team members sounded so amazing to me.

My school band was good, but my college band is more than awesome. Fiona avoided me and didn’t reply to my messages I sent on facebook. I know that she was very angry with me, but I can’t give up such a beautiful opportunity of participating in culturals for a girl who didn’t even want me in her team. And finally the Biggest Day of my college life came!

"Hey Yash they are asking us to decide a name for the team!"

"What about Five stars or Famous Five?"

"No both of the names are funny Serene!"

"Then what about “Facinatin’ five”?"

"It sounds great Sowmya! Ok it’s decided, our team will be known as the Fascinatin’ Five from now"

"Ha ha ok ok. I’ll register our team for the competition. Everyone don’t forget to put black shirts for the culturals tomorrow"

"Ok Serene Mam"

It was Annual Day at last! I put on a Black shirt, ate a nice breakfast and rushed to the bus stand. My College bus came filled with a lot of people with different kinds of costume. Most of them will participate in different cultural events it seems.

When I was about to take my seat, I saw Fiona. She was wearing a white kurta and looked stunning. At that moment I fell for her again! I went near her seat and called her but she pretended not to be listening. I tried again.

"Hey Fiona! You look awesome today"

"Oh sorry I didn’t notice you Yash!!"

"Are you angry with me on something?"

"Na! I was busy practising with the seniors Yash!"

"Okay! All the best for the culturals"

"Thanks Yash! You too"

"Can I have your mobile number?"

"Sorry Yash! My mobile will be monitored by my parents"

"You were talking in phone with the seniors that day?"

"Well……………… it was not my phone!?"

"Ok anyway, so if you are not angry on me, will you message me atleast on facebook?"

"Ya sure Yash"

Great! So I had a chat with her. She’s not angry with me I think. Ok let the best performer win!!