"Joshua it looks fine stop your fusing, we are already late!" Halley whined impatiently. Joshua had been trying to smooth out all the wrinkles on her dress by the time they step out of the carriage. Halley knew it would be impossible her husband on the other hand was just as stubborn as a mule.

" Halley do you know how much time madame Florence put into this dress? Her sweat and blood practically went into this " Joshua scolded rising to his feet. Halley grimace at the thought, while an audible disgusted groan escaped her lips."Are you trying to make me uncomfortable?"

Joshua took a step back to admire his work. Perfection is what he was striving for. He achieved it. " You look lovely Darling! Thanks to your skillful husband" Halley rolled her eyes as she stomped off towards the grand manor.

" A thank you would have been nice!" Joshua shouted at his wife's retrieving form. " I'm not moving until I hear you say it!!"

"Joshua Fisher get your ass over here!"

***
"Lord Fisher and Lady Fisher"

Halley took a deep breathe upon entering the lake of humanity. Clinched to her husband's arm. Halley was introduction to all the noblemen and woman of the ton, some granting her best wishes, congratulations and practically drooling over her magnificent ring, making her wished she had kept her gloves on.The others only fish for gossips. She hardly had time to breathe. If it wasn't for Joshua's possessive grib she would have been lost in the crowd. Speaking of lost as the crowd dispersed Halley glance briefly to see if her ring was still on her finger.

" I almost suffocated to death, " she opened her fan in quick modesty, trying to cooled off her overheating body. " how do you even know all these people? " she inquired as they stroll towards the refreshment table.

"A business man knows a lot of people Halley especially if you have excessive wealth." Joshua reply pouring his wife a glass of punch.

" I never had much friends growing up" She took the punch from her husband's hand, Savouring the delicious liquid.

"Jake and David are my only friends, Halley." he replied,with a warm smile.

"Joshua Fisher " The voice of a low seductive lady boomed behind her. Halley turned abruptly to feast her eyes on the scandalously dressed blond.

"Felicia Wentworth such a pleasure to see you again, may I introduced you to my wife Halley Fisher?"

The gorgeous blond tore her eyes away from Joshua and glance at Halley. " Nice to meet you lady Fisher "

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Wentworth" Halley replied with a polite curtsy that lady Wentworth dismissed Rudely by fixing her gaze back to Joshua.

" I must say it came as quiet a surprise when I heard you were married, of course it made sense when I found out that the marriage was of convenience. " she give a throaty chuckle.

" I beg your perdon" Halley angrily interposed, stunned that her husband just stood there like a statue.

"How's your father faring?" Joshua questioned wrapping his arms around Halley's waist.

" He is doing quiet well" she purred." You should visit us sometimes " She smile giving Joshua a lewd wink.

Halley was just about to pay this lady's face a visit with her fist when dinner was announced.

Ushered by her husband Halley was forced to sit across from Joshua giving Felicia the opportunity of sitting beside him. Halley wished she had never attended this stupid ball besides the fact that they showed up late and she didn't get to dance with her beloved. She had to sit and watch her husband flirt with another woman. Pure torture. Halley's lips pulled into a thin line as she watched lady Wentworth whispered into her husband's ears. She cast her eyes to the plate of delicacies that wasn't appetizing at the moment. It was like she was invisible. Non existence.