Authors Note

I have so enjoyed writing this book. Thank you to all the readers that have journeyed with me, I so appreciate it.

There are also a few that have been generous with their time and comments, and to you special. ..xxx 'aroha.' The dedications reflect my heartfelt thanks to people who supplied responses to my developing plot lines and boosted my confidence as a fledgling writer. I feel that I have grown so much in a short time.

I have loved seeing my home town described and enjoyed by the characters I've created. Dunedin, is a southern town in New Zealand, also known as the Edinburgh of the South. Many of the first European settlers were from Scotland. It is located in a province called Otago. Hence the name of this series. The native Maori people in the area are descendents of the Ngai Tahu tribe.

The business owned by Maxs parents is entirely fiction, "Ace Hire Quip," as too is the church mentioned, although I love the sound of "Harbour Life."

"Tony's" bar was fun to write but also a fiction.

But other businesses mentioned really exist and are enjoyed by Dunedin-ites. "Great Taste," is a popular buffet restaurant enjoyed by locals.

"Barbeque Bill," is a business that specialises in spitroasts, BBQ grilled food served with salads. Party plans sorted at the end of the phone.

"Speights" ... is the tradename of a local beer that has been brewed here since early days of European settlement, est. 1876. There is an alehouse that locals and tourists alike enjoy.

"Kahuwai" is the tradename of a talented local Maori artist, Amber Bridgeman. She lives on the Otago Peninsula and creates original clothing for adults and children. Also she creates stunning original accessory pieces that incorporate Maori cultural design.

St Clair Beach is a local hang out for surfers and is lined by cafes and many people enjoy passing a quiet afternoon sitting on the esplanade and watching the waves.

The Otago Harbour is stunning any time of the day. In the evening it reflects the moonlight and city lights. During the day the sun sparkles and it is enjoyed recreationally by boaties, windsurfers, and other water based sports people.

There is a high Road along the top of the Otago Peninsula and also one that runs along the waters edge.

MUSIC:

I wanted to give a big shout out to emerging New Zealand artists. Ginny Blackmore is very talented and her music is available on line to purchase and enjoy. Ezra Vines 'Celeste' has received accolades around the world for its truly unique folk/rock sound.   Whenua Patuwai incapulates the energy and life associated with a New Zealand/pacific island  sound and the words of 'Something Special'   are amazing and I got they were a perfect fit for how Max felt about Cass.

There will be more artists and NZ music legends mentioned and met in the other books of this series so watch out.

JON ADAMS: This NZ celebrity artist is pure fiction, and is a central character in my next book. His music lyrics are a creation of mine, Dee J Cooper, and normal protections "All Rights Reserved" applies.

Thanks again to you all. I hope you join me on my next book. Quite a different flavour, quite different characters to meet.

Talk soon.

####

Did you enjoy the story?

Did how it was told rate with you?

Comments on this or next books planned in this series, would be a huge help. Thanks so much to you all for making this such a constructive experience.

vote?