Gemma quickly walked over to the refrigerator opening it finding nothing but bottles of beer, water, and leftover pizza in a Tupperware container. Since when in the hell did her son even put away leftovers? Gemma slammed the fridge and went into the side hallway that connected to the garage where the washer and dryer were located immediately opening them and searching through the clothes but found nothing.

For the next half hour, Gemma searched through every nook and cranny for something. All she found was nothing. Gemma seriously thought she made herself delusional and may have overlooked how much Wendy did affect her son. Maybe she was too ecstatic about him getting rid of her. She never thought about how her son must have seen something in her to make her his wife despite his ill reasons. That was what made him John Teller's son, they weren't exactly emotional, but the men in her life couldn't properly navigate through feelings sometimes especially when the emotions were deep. They clouded their senses in certain missions. It was almost a blessing and a curse as they could hinder or make them stronger and she sure as hell hoped her son wouldn't possibly let Wendy turn him into John.

Gemma stopped and rubbed her forehead decidedly to let her son stew in whatever funk he was in. Her attention was caught by the vacant room that was stark white in the house and the only thing that resided in there was a lone wooden stool with magazines resting on top of it.

Gemma stepped into the room. She didn't think that much of it as it was completely bare of anything especially since the other bedroom was in a similar state just with a few spare pieces of furniture and knick-knacks. Gemma reached the stool and noticed that they were only the usual Harley magazines that were the only source of reading material for all the guys. Still, she picked it up anyway and was not prepared for something to fall out of the magazine.

She almost dropped the intended magazine herself when her eyes zoned in on the small square packet of paper that advertised baby products.

Delilah couldn't help the tears that were leaking out of her eyes at Dr. Roden's news. Since she had just passed the 18-week mark of her baby boy it was confirmed that he indeed was a baby boy. It seemed her baby boy was not shy in letting them know. But the other news made her heart drop to the bottom of her stomach.

She knew it was a risk and to be expected after she read over Jax's medical history that her baby could inherit his congenital heart defect. It made her slightly more upset he wasn't here with her to receive the news. Something like this wasn't something she couldn't tell anyone, especially her uncle about her baby's health. She didn't practically want to share this news alone either.

She knew this prognosis was not a death sentence especially since Jax and Gemma seemed healthy. With how the medical world is there were a lot of advancements to help her son.

"Now, I think it would be best to lessen your work hours and you should start seeing me every other week just to monitor your son's heart. We are lucky we caught this soon, Delilah, so now when your son is born we can deal with this as soon as he is born. Do you have any questions?"

Delilah looked down at the pamphlet in her hand that described the disease in detail. She wiped her face for any lingering tears. "I think... I am good for now. I just don't know how to break the news to the father."

Delilah was under no illusion that Dr. Roden didn't know that Jax Teller's name was listed as the father of her child especially since it was from his side that her baby inherited the disease. Delilah didn't know where it came from, but she now felt real anger from him not being here and just the fact she got pregnant by him and it caused her to pinch the bridge of her nose.

"Delilah, if I may say, it is in your best interest not to assign blame. Mr. Teller had no control over and if anything Mr. Teller will be a big help in assisting you in coping with this news as he has a personal history with this disease. However, if you would like you two can always come here to discuss the news if you will like."