“Oh really? I always thought he was mine. Go figure.” I gave her another tight smile and kept looking at her hand in his, wow she’s pretty dumb I’m giving her the let-him-go-or-I’ll-kill-you-look, but still her hand didn’t budge from it's place. 

 “Yeah he helps me with my studies, he’s a great teacher.” She kept smiling at him in a weird way. And it’s making me really uncomfortable.

 “Hey babe I think we should get going,” I said, but I could see Adam wasn’t even paying me any attention to me at the moment.

 “So we’re still on for tomorrow night right?” Sarah asked, batting her eyelashes at him.

 “Yeah sure I’ll be there at six sharp.” Adam kept smiling at the girl like an idiot.

 “Um, Adam honey can we go now?” I asked. 

 He turns around startled like he suddenly acknowledged my existent. He should definitely get an award for best boyfriend (note the sarcasm).

 “Oh sorry, bye Sarah! I’ll see you,” he said, waving to her before heading back to his car.

 We got in the car and drove off. After ten minutes I finally decided to ask, “Do you mind telling me what you’re doing tomorrow at six?” I glared at him, when he took his time answering me.

 “I’m just going to help her study; we have an exam in two days. It’s no big deal.” He shrugged his shoulder, keeping his eyes on the road.

 “Were you going to tell me about Sarah?” I raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

“Look she’s just a friend, no need to get jealous.” He gave me a little smile and patted my hand. I'm not a child to pat my hand.

 “Who said I’m jealous? I just don’t like the way she acts around you.” I shrugged before reaching out to turn the radio, but his hand grasped mine before I had a chance to switch it on .I looked up at him, and he glanced over at me. And simply said, “I’m just going to help her out and that’s it. You do trust me don’t you?”

 “Of course, it’s her I don’t trust.” I rolled my eyes and then just stared out the window, the next thing I know we were at my front door kissing good-bye.

 “I’ll call you later babe, bye.” he waved to me as he got in his car and drove off.

 “Bye,” I said as I shut the door behind me before heading upstairs to my room. My mom was at our neighbor’s house. It was only 9:30 so I called Jason to see where he was.

 “Hey hot stuff.” I hate it when he calls me that, and he knows it. He started calling me that, when I went to a BBQ and I was wearing something a little too revealing. I‘m not showing of or anything, but one of the guys manning the grill burned all the food because he was too busy gawking at me. Jason couldn’t stop laughing for a week after that, hence the lame nickname.

 “Hey peanut.” Knowing that that would just irritate the hell out of him. Let me just say, Jason was a late bloomer.

 “Had fun on your date with Dumbo?”

 “It was okay I guess.”  I sat on the chair in front of my vanity desk and started  removing my makeup.

 “What’s wrong?” I could hear the concern in his voice.

 “It’s nothing really...” 

“So tell me anyways,” he urged. He could never let go when something bothered me and that was one of the things I loved about him. He cared for the people he loved.

 “I met one of Adam’s friends today,” I stated in an annoyed voice.

 “And that’s a bad thing because…?” he trailed of.

 “Let me put it in words you’ll understand…she’s a hottie with a body.”

 “I see.” of course you can't see you have a stupid guy’s brain.

“No, no you don’t see. She was all over him grabbing his hand, flirting with him like I wasn’t even there.” I ranted. 

 “Look some girls are just like that, don’t pay attention to it. Besides, Adam’s an okay guy. You can trust him.” This coming from Jason; who actually argued me about dating Adam in the first place.

 “If you say so, by the way how was your date with Amanda?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

 “I cancelled, I wasn’t in the mood.” he said in a bored voice. 

 "Okay weird alert. What’s wrong with you?” 

 I moved to the closet and got my pajamas; a pair of pink shorts and Jason’s jersey, which he gave me after winning one of his football games.

 “Nothing. It’s just that Amanda isn’t really my type.” He gave a little sight in the end.

 “Wait; let me get this straight Jason Sharp has a type. Since when?” because really he went after anything with legs. 

 “Okay maybe I don’t have a type, but that girl is as dumb as a post. And you know what I mean.” He argued.

 “Yeah you’re right; she couldn’t even spell ‘Go Team’ in cheerleading practice.” I said. 

 “By the way why did you even agree to put her on the team?” I could hear the amusement in his voice.

 “Because she can do a triple back flip,” I replied, the “Duh” was implied.

 I put my pajamas on and got into bed, today was a long day. And I had school tomorrow, and maybe I could check on Adam on my way back home from practice.

 “So Rach you picking me up for school or should I pick you up?”

 “You pick me up; you know how I like to nap on my way to school.” To prove that I’m a sleep addict, I gave him a little yawn.

 “Night hot stuff, love you.” I could hear the teasing in his voice.

 “Love you too peanut.”

_________________________________________________________

Check out my New Story "Wanted"... it's a drama/romance/teen-fic kinda story. (not a cliche)

VOTE IF YOU LIKE THEIR RELATIONSHIP :D