Chapter One

Chapter One

Placing my hands on the desk firmly, I looked up at the fan on the ceiling. I took a deep breath and looked down at the pencil again. Concentrating hard, the end of the pencil lifted a bit and I narrowed my eyes, trying not to blink but just then, the door opened. I blinked and the end of the pencil fell back on the desk.

Sighing, I turned around to find my best friend Kathy walking in.

"Hey did you practice the new lesson? What was it tele..kinetic?" She asked as she hopped on my bed.

"You mean telekinesis. And yes, I almost lifted the pencil in the air...before you came in," I narrowed my eyes at her.

She shrugged. "Great I ruined it. I'm not alone in this," She burst out laughing.

Casting my spell in my mind, the basketball in the corner of my room hit her on the leg. She rose up in alarm and it was just another second before my pencil poked me in the shoulder.

"Ow,"

"See we don't need telekinesis at all when we can easily move things by casting spells," She frowned.

"I know Kathy but professor said that we are old enough to learn to have control over our minds. The magic was gifted at birth. But the power over our minds is something we need to learn," I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay okay smarty Leah. I don't need a lecture right now,"

I laughed. "Come on. We don't wanna be late for school again,"

She nodded and I slung my backpack around my shoulders. We went downstairs to find that my parents had already left for work. They worked at the Fairy High Council and their job was to check if the boundaries of our land were safe and no one could trespass or leave without permission. Kathy's parents also worked there but with a different job of making sure that the season in our land was fairly warm since we couldn't survive the cold.

We walked out of my house as the fresh breeze blew my hair away from my face.

"Hey," We heard someone and turned to find Matthew walking up to us.

"Hey Matthew," I smiled and brought my hair beside my face to hide the blush. Matthew was fairly tall guy with golden brown hair and hazel eyes, who also happened to be our friend ever since we were kids, and did I mention the crush I've had on him ever since I saw him at the junior ball in a suit for the first time?

"It's Matt to you Leah," He winked and then looked at Kathy. "You guys weren't leaving without me, were you?"

Me and Kathy looked at each other and shrugged. "We thought you'd catch up. Let's go," She said and I nodded.

We three walked towards the school together and entered the hall where everyone was already gathered infront of the stage. We looked for empty seats and I found a front seat. I placed my backpack on the desk and looked behind to find Kathy sitting next to Matt in the third row.

"Happy to see you all here again," Professor Jim's voice echoed around the large hall.

"Now I hope you all practiced Telekinesis well. We started with tiny objects yesterday and today, I would like to give demonstration over a very interesting part of Telekinesis. I just need a volunteer," He looked at everyone and finally settled his gaze on me.

Oh no!

"Would you like to volunteer Ms. Summerstone?"

Sighing, I nodded. "Ofcourse Professor," I got up from my seat and climbed the stage. I faced the students and found Kathy trying to control her laugh while Matt was smiling at me.