A New Maid And A Beautiful Bachelor Dont Mix! [4] Let's play hell house

Chapter 4: Let's play hell house

________________________________________

My breath cease at the tensions that dwells within the room. My eyes never left the face of the man whom I had ran into the other day. My mind then went on a 500-question fest throughout the silence.

Why was he here? Was he a friend of the bachelor and his mother worked for him? Am I missing something here or does he seem much sexier in a high-class suit? Wait...scratch that part... I have to physically stop myself from slapping my own head but to my relief, Dagan's mother still has a hold on my right arm.

The silence seems to grow ever thicker as we all just stood there. His mother, seemly just off in her own, happy world, did not understand the humiliating state of shock I was going through.

Dagan, with that bloody smirk of his appearing shortly after his seeing me, seems to be enjoying this way too much and that weird butler, whom you think would just mind his own business was having the gull to stare and call the maids over to watch in silence. Is that a camera I see?!

We all could feel the tension in the air..Well except his mom but she just a completely different story with happy butterflies and whatever else was in her screwed up head. Any who, I began the countdown in my head. One...Two...three...

"You're my maid?" He exclaimed loudly, not bothering to cover it up from being heard from the others who had gathered since that butler was making bids on who would win...can they do that?!

And I'm down for the count. Whimpering sadly in defeat, I nod in default and could visibly see how badly he wants to laugh at the moment but holds it in with a slight cough.

"I see...well mother thank you for the fine choice. But why I ask did you choose her? " Dagan inquires to my displeasure, just seeming to hear his velvety voice made everything worse!

"Oh she seems much nicer than the other girls and doesn't seem the type to...Get off task." Artemis says with a pleased look in her eyes. My jaw unlatched itself and stood agape while sneaking a glimpse of Dagan's amused features.

Get off task? What kind of part off task do you mean!? I scrunch my nose disgust but shove the thought away when I caught sight of Dagan's body leaving from his previous spot.

"Well than I'll go to my quarters. Hope to see you in the afternoon my dear new maid." He says, trying to sound indifferently, but caught the light mockery behind it. Casting one last glance towards my form, he glides upstairs, leaving me with a blank stare and a livid mind.

'Shoot me now; my life is at this moment a hell hole.'

________________________________________

-The next day-

"Nice to see you back Evett." Dagan calls casually with his velvety voice as I drop my bag onto the floor, glaring sternly to him. How much you want to bet I would have taken a good swing at that smug smile of his if I hadn't been working for him now!

"The maid uniform fits superbly I see." Another voice murmurs when I turn around to find the handsome blond that was with Dagan when we ran into each other. His green eyes were much warmer and bright unlike Dagan's blue gaze that were mischief and disdainful.

"Oh I'm sorry I surprised you, I'm Jeremy Williams. I guess you remember me by the expression on your face." His smile seems to be contagious as I felt my own coming upon my lips.

"It's ok; it's nice to see you again too." I return the smile halfheartedly before glancing back to Dagan. My bitter emotions were arising again.

"And as for you my dear sir, good afternoon." I try to hold the smile along my lips but not the same one I gave to Jeremy, just a bitter among the rest of my features.