Chapter 30

I was stood at the side of the stage, about to perform my first live gig to 20,000 people. I could hear the crowd screaming as the lights went down in the arena. I took one last big breath as the stage manager Tim smiled at me and told me to go for it, before I walked out on to the stage. As the spot light centered on me, I suddenly felt more at home than ever before. Maybe this was where I was meant to be.

"Evening London!" I shouted which echoed through the whole arena. The backing track then started to The Lucky One. This was really it.

"New to town with a made up name, in the angel city, chasing fortune and fame,

And the camera flashes, make it look like a dream,

You had it figure out since you were in school,

Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool,

So overnight, you look like a sixities' queen,

Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky,

And they'll tell you know, you're the lucky one,

Yeah, they'll tell you know, you're the lucky one,

But can you tell me now, you're the lucky one,

Now it's big black cars, and Riviera views,

And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you,

And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page,

And they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused,

Cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used,

And all the young things line up to take your place,

Another name goes up in lights. You wonder if you'll make it out alive.

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Yeah, they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Can you tell me now, you're the lucky one, oh, oh, oh,

It was a few years later, I showed up here,

And they still tell the legend of how you disappeared,

How you took the money and your dignity, and got the hell out,

They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere,

Chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square,

And it took some time, but I understand it now,

'Cause now my name is up in lights, but I think you got it right,

Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one, oh, oh, oh,

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Yeah, they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one, oh, oh, oh,

Oh, whoa, oh, oh."

I finished off singing the first song to a standing ovation from the crowd. I couldn't have been happier. I went through the next two songs, Roar and Sparks, with the whole crowd singing along. The fourth song on the setlist was Shine Ya Light by Rita Ora, one of my favourite songs of all time.

"We gold, we gold, we shine" I finished off the last line of the song and decided to leave it a minute before singing my own song, the final song of my set.

"Who's looking forward to Five Seconds Of Summer?" I shouted to get a large amount of screams back.

"Who's looking forward to One Direction?" I shouted to get an even larger amount of screams back.

"So next I'm going to sing my debut single which I've been recording in New York, this is Victorious" I spoke in to the microphone.

"You'd have never guessed, that'd I'd be victorious". I finished the last line of the song and thanked the crowd before walking off stage. 

I got past the curtains and immediately spotted Luke as they were waiting to go own. When he saw he a massive smile appeared on his face and he ran over to me.

"Baby that was amazing" He whispered.

"Thanks, the crowd were insane!" I told him.

"Five Seconds Of Summer on stage now!" Tim told them.

They ran on stage and had sang most of their set until Luke put his guitar down on the side of the stage before speaking in to the microphone headset.

"I'd like to bring someone very special on to the stage for this last song" Luke spoke, only just finishing before the crowd started screaming, hoping that it would be one of them that got to go on to the stage.

I saw Luke look over to me and Tim gave me a small nudge. 

"What the hell?" I asked Tim, he just winked and told me to go onstage.

Before I knew it I was stood in the middle of the stage in front of Luke. 

"This song's called Beside You" Luke said, before placing both of his hands on either side of my waist and the song started.

"She sleeps alone,

My heart wants to come home,

I wish I was, I wish I was.." 

After singing the whole song to me, the last note of the song finished just as Luke's lips touched mine. The lights went down and the band and I walked off stage.

"You could have warned me Luke" I laughed.

"I could have done but what's the fun in that" He smirked.

We went back to the dressing room then headed to the hotel we were staying in. I made sure that I had everything that I needed before we checked in.

We discovered that the band had a room and I had my own room but Luke insisted in sharing mine.

"Why you so insistent in being alone with Jess Luke?" Michael smirked.

We got to the room and once we'd put all the bags down, Luke made sure the door was locked before laying on the bed and ushering me to go and lay down next to him...

I guess that he wasn't quite so out of my league as I first thought.