Chapter 10

Did Luke really just tell me that he liked me then walked out?! It really hadn't sunk in that he felt the same. Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds Of Summer had just confessed his feelings to me and didn't say anything, how stupid am I?! Why didn't I stop him from walking out?! I hate myself right now. I got ready for bed and eventually got to sleep. 

"Jess, I really like you" Luke said, obviously very nervous. I let a small smile escape my lips before I pressed mine to his. "I really like you too, Luke" I smiled. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me. I nodded and our lips connected again, which turned in to a more passionate kiss.

*Bring Bring!*

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up the next morning. That was all a dream, not that fact that Luke confessed his feelings to me, but the fact that I wasn't stupid enough to not say a word. I don't know whether I could face Luke today, but I guess I was going to have to. Neither Dad or Sarah would let me miss school. It was Wednesday today and I only had the rest of this week and two more weeks until I finished before the exams which meant it was even more crucial that I was at school.

I got up and took a shower. I got ready in to my outfit for the day which was a teal "California College" cropped t-shirt with some white high waisted denim shorts, my black converse and my gold "New York" ring (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93508344). I packed my bag and went downstairs for breakfast.

"What happened with Luke last night darling? I saw him walk out, he looked upset" Sarah asked me as I ate breakfast. 

"Nothing to worry about Sarah" I told her trying to smile. "If you say so" She sighed, obviously knowing to well I wasn't going to tell her.

"Have a good day then, not long left now" She smiled, "I'll try" I told her as I walked out of the door. I was quite disappointed that Luke wasn't their waiting for me as normal but he had the right not to after I was so stupid last night. I had to try and talk to him alone.

I got to school and walked over towards Ashton, Calum and Michael. "I'm guessing he told you what happened?" I asked them, being able to tell by the expression on their faces. They all nodded, looking over to where Luke was stood surrounded by all the popular girls including Megan and Trisha. They were obviously oblivious to what happened last night between Luke and I. I turned to walk away but Ashton stopped me and pulled me in to a hug. 

"He's just trying to make you jealous babe, try to ignore it" Ashton whispered. "He's doing a bloody good job at it" I whispered, burying my head in to his chest. The bell went for form and I walked with Ashton, Michael and Calum to form. Luke sat at the other side of the form room to us, what a surprise. I just wished I hadn't been so stupid last night and had just told him how I felt too. I would have saved us both from feeling bad.

The day went relatively quickly and I walked home with Calum as they had band practice at Luke's tonight. I went home and sat down to finish off the music homework and the politics homework before I went in to my studio. I checked and saw that my cover of "You'll Never Know" now had 50,000 views. Wow. I was speechless.

I decided to put up another cover seen as I now had loads of subscribers. I decided on "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato. I pressed record and started singing.

"Puttin' my defences up, 'Cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack,

Never put my love out on the line, Never said yes to the right guy,

Never had trouble getting what I want, But when it comes to you I'm never good enough,

When I don't care, I can play 'em like a Ken doll, 

Won't wash my hair, Then make 'em bounce like a basketball,

But you make me wanna act like a girl, Paint my nails and wear high heels,

Yes, you make me so nervous, And I just can't hold your hand,

You make me glow, But I cover up, Won't let it show, So I'm,

Puttin' my defences up, 'cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack

I think I'd have a heart attack, I think I'd have a heart attack,

Never break a sweat for the other guys, When you come around I get paralyzed,

And every time I try to be myself, It comes out wrong like a cry for help,

It's just not fair, Pain's more trouble than love is work,

I gasp for air, It feels so good but you know it hurts,

But you make me wanna act like a girl, Paint my nails and wear perfume,

For you make me so nervous, And I just can't hold your hand,

You make me glow, But I cover up, Won't let it show, So I'm,

Puttin' my defences up, 'Cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that, I think I'd have a heart attack"

I finished off the song, and happy with the vocals, I uploaded it to Youtube, hoping that this video would be even bigger than the last one.

I then went down and ate dinner with Dad, Sarah, Nathan and Kieran. It actually felt like I had my family back, and now that mission was complete, I had to try and get Luke back. But that could be a lot easier said than done.