Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up for school after very little sleep trying to debate the decision in my head. In the end, I knew I'd accept it as it was my dream and a once in a lifetime opportunity but I couldn't leave Luke and my family here. Why does life have to be so awkward?

I got out of bed and got changed in to a black button up vest top with a tie at the bottom and a pair of dark denim shorts with a belt. I put on my classic Vans and my RayBan's in my black satchel. I did my make-up and hair before putting on my bow tie ring. (Full outfit here: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96549691).

I went downstairs to see Dad still at home for a change.

"You made a decision darling?" He asked me.

"Not yet, I need today to think about it" I tried to smile.

"Okay, just tell me when you've figured it out, I'm not going to push you in to anything" He smiled.

"Thanks" I said, grabbing some breakfast. I quickly went up to get my phone and bag, when I got to my phone I saw a text from Luke that was sent very late last night.

"Message From: Luke,

Hey, why did you have to go home babe? I miss you Xx"

He was going to have to miss me a hell of a lot more if I decided to go with it. Dad had told me later on yesterday that it would mean leaving in a months time after I'd had two weeks of school then two weeks of exams. If I went for it, I couldn't tell the boys until after the exams because I don't want them to blame me when they fail.

I walked out of the front door and saw Luke standing at the gate waiting for me, although he wasn't standing alone. He was stood with the two people I hated the most; Megan and Trisha. They were rather close to him, a bit too close for my liking.

All the way to school Luke completely ignored me as I walked behind him while he was walking with Megan and Trisha. When we got to school, he went over to where all the popular girls were stood so I walked slowly over to where the guys were sat under the tree where we usually meet.

"Where's Luke?" Michael asked. 

"Over there" I whispered, trying to hold back the tears while pointing over to where he stood surrounded by girls that were all prettier than me.

"What the hell is he doing over there?" Ashton asked, rather confused, "You haven't broken up have you?".

"Not yet anyway" I murmured.

We all left to go to form and it was back to normal with Luke sitting at the opposite side of the classroom to us. The rest of the day went the same, Luke just ignored me, and only talked to the boys when I wasn't anywhere near them. 

I walked home alone from school and once I got in I ran upstairs and collapsed on the bed before crying my eyes out. 

I know he wasn't cheating on me but he might as well have been. I decided to try and clear things up with him by texting, him, I should have known it wouldn't work and I wouldn't get a reply.

I decided to go and record a song, at the time I had no idea what song I was going to choose, but I looked through my iPhone before coming across a song that I'd been meaning to do a cover of for a long time. I pressed record and started singing:

"New to town with a made up name in the angel city, chasing fortune and fame,

And the camera flashes, make it look a like a dream,

You had it figured out since you were in school, everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool,

So over night you look like a sixties' queen.

Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky,

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Yeah they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

But can you tell me now, you're the lucky one.

Now it's big black cars, and Riviera views,

And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you,

And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page,

And they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused,

Cause you don't feel pretty, you just feel used,

And all the young things line up to take your place.

Another name goes up in lights, you wonder if you'll make it out alive,

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Yeah they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Can you tell me now, you're the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.

It was a few years later, I showed up here,

And they still tell the legend of how you disappeared,

How you took the money and your dignity and got the hell out,

They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere,

Chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square,

And it took some time, but I understand it now.

'Cause now my name is up in lights, but I think you got it right.

Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

Yeah they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one,

And they'll tell you now, you're the lucky one, oh, oh, oh,

Oh, whoa, oh, oh".

I finished singing and stopped the recording. I decided that I'd wait until later to upload it. I went back through to my bedroom to see a text that I never ever wanted to see, however much it made my decision easier.

"Message From: Luke,

Jess, I just don't think whatever this is is working.. I'm sorry but I can't be with you anymore x"

Why does everything bad have to happen to me?