Chapter 21

I'd just got off the plane in New York and it was about 11pm here. Alix wasn't arriving until tomorrow so I headed to the hotel alone. Yes, we would be living in a hotel for the next year! I couldn't wait as I'd always loved going to hotels, the only thing that I'd miss was my recording studio that I had at home, but I guess I'd have a professional one during the day anyway.

I reached my hotel room and made sure the door was locked. I unpacked my suitcases in the walk in wardrobe in my massive hotel room that had two king-size beds, a walk in wardrobe and a huge en-suite. Once I'd unpacked, I got out my laptop and decided to go on to Twitter for a bit. I was a bit obsessed with it recently as I'd gained loads of fans since I posted the cover of "The Lucky One" by Taylor Swift.

@JessMitchell_: I'M IN NEW YORK! :'D It's amazing here.. absolutely love it already! Can't believe it's my home for the next year!

@JessMitchell_: Can't wait for my cousin and best friend @AlixWalker3 to arrive tomorrow and spend the year here with me! Going to be AWESOME :D 

I then logged off and decided that it was time to go to sleep so I got changed and turned the light off before going to sleep.

- The Next Morning -

I woke up in New York with the sunshine shining through the window of my hotel room on the 14th floor. That's why I love it here so much!

I got up and took a shower before ordering room service for breakfast. I got changed in to my outfit for the day while I waited. My outfit was a red cropped top with a black leather skater skirt. I put on my black ankle boots with a high perspex heel. I got my Mulberry satchel and put in everything that I'd need for the day. I applied my make-up and tied my hair back in to a bun and just as I was finished, my room service arrived. (Full outfit here.. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96631908).

I ate my breakfast before heading to the airport to meet Alix as she was arriving today to spend the next year in New York with me.

"JESS!" She screamed across the airport as she came running towards me with her suitcases trailing behind her.

"I'm so happy for you, I can't believe I'm actually here!" She added. I gave her a huge hug before we took her suitcases back to the hotel. I started work tomorrow and so did Alix as she'd found a contract for a year at a well established fashion studio here. Today we were just going to look around and go shopping as we couldn't bring too much with us.

In the end, we saw all the tourist attractions and I went shopping and bought a lot of clothes! (All clothes here... http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96632501). We eventually decided that we'd had enough and headed back to the hotel to catch up.

"So what happened with you and Luke then?" Alix asked.

"Well we were together for a matter of days before we broke up, then he tried to stop me coming here" I explained.

"He sounds like he let you go to easily" She replied.

"Maybe, I thought everything was going well but obviously not" I explained. "Then the next day I found him with one of the popular girls making out outside of form, he ignored me for a few weeks until the day I left" I added.

"He sounds like a douche" Alix laughed just as my phone went off. A text from Luke.

"Message From: Luke,

Jess, I made the biggest mistake of my life breaking up with you, and an even bigger mistake letting you go. I can't believe I was so stupid. Trisha came on to me, I couldn't stop her. The boys are all annoyed with me as they thought I was the only one that could stop you and I failed. I love you Jess Xx"

I honestly didn't know what to say. If that was the truth then I made a mistake, but it still wouldn't have stopped me from coming over here. I decided to reply anyway.

"Message To: Luke,

If that's the truth, then I'm sorry but you couldn't have stopped me from coming over here and living my dream - that's right, if you didn't get told by the boys I have a record deal and I'm here for a year. I'll see you in a year, Luke, and maybe we can work things out. Jess Xx"

I sent the message before logging on to Twitter as Alix was watching a film on TV that I wasn't really interested in.

@JessMitchell_: @AlixWalker3 is now in NY with me! I'm so excited that I start recording my DEBUT ALBUM tomorrow! :D

Once I'd sent the tweet, I saw a tweet from Calum that made my heart skip a beat.

@Calum5SOS: Can't wait to support 1D on their world tour - will be amazing! Can't wait for the USA! :D

Wait, the boys would be coming to the USA too?! I don't really know what to say. Would it be a good thing seeing Luke again or could it be disastrous? I sent one last tweet before going to bed.

@JessMitchell_: Can't wait to see my boys @5SOS when they support @onedirection on their world tour! Make sure you come to NYC okay?! ;)

What I didn't realize is what the response to that one tweet would have been.