Chapter 34 Real fine Place

Chapter 34 Real fine place

Renesmee's POV

A scream fills my ears, as Jane continues to skirt around me. I know she is biding her time, but I'm about to end her existence once and for all. I briefly turn my head, and my mouth falls open with fury, and agony. Auntie Alice had been fighting one of the monsters, and she had lost. I turn my head back to Jane, as my aunt's head comes to a rest. The sound of the screaming was from my grandma. I decide not even to look around to see how badly we might be doing because it could be more dangerous than anything else.

"Looks like heads are rolling huh Nessie?" she asks, a laugh breaking through her soprano voice, as she finally steps toward me. I've been waiting for the exact moment, so I take my advantage, and rush at her with all of my strength. Jane's face contorts in confusion, then fear but then it goes blank. I shove the wood into her cold chest but it splinters. She shoves me backward, and then waves the very same, now splintered stake around to attack me with. This time I go right for the one way any vampire dcan die. I pull up the lighter that I knew she would be carrying.

When her eyes fall upon the silver cigarette lighter, she stares at me, dumbfounded at my resourcefulness. I smile briefly, before kicking her backwards. Heer brief fly through the air is all I need to take the advantage. I jump to my feet, and stand, ready for her next attack. She angrily lunges at me, just as another loud noise breaks my concentration. I turn to see Alex, Luke's witch friend falling to the ground, Caious holding her heart in his hand. Lucas roars in anger, before lunging at the man. I turn my head away.

The lighter in one hand, I run to Jane, I'm terrified but the smile on my face is saying that I've never been happier. She must see through it because her face shines with unshed mirth, and she obviously doesn't think I can cause any real damage. I'll show her never to judge a book by its cover. I dart out of the way as she sprints past me, overcompensating for the distance. She whips around, before something changes in her dark burgundy eyes. She was ordered not to kill me, but now that's the only goal in her mind.

Time to end this then. I turn once more, and see her dart to the side, but I already knew she would do that. I'm not sure exactly how, but I did. I bring the silver lighter up, and flick it to life. The flame erupts into existence, as she closes in on me from above. She has nowhere to go now, so when she comes down, the flame catches her hair. A shriek runs through her, as her body goes from normal to burning limbs in about three seconds. Jane gives one last shriek, before she falls to the ground, thick chalky smoke rolling from her limp form. She's dead.

Lucas's POV

I can feel the surge of energy running between the two of us, as I suck it from his evil form. I need to take him out, and I need to do it before anyone else I love dies. I'm just about to throw even more power into the fight, when a shout fills my soul. A shout I know in my bones. A shout that sends thrills of fear, and love through my veins. I turn my head, to see Felix holding Emmett's arms behind his back, while Demetri approaches him with a stake, and a triumphant grin. I freeze. I cannot bear to watch him die.

A feeling that I've never experienced before fills me. It resonates in every corner of my being. A bright, white power touches my fingertips, and courses through my veins, and throughout my entire body, as I realize with everything I have that Emmett cannot die. He cannot be killed now. Not like this. At that exact moment, Felix looks in my direction. He winks at me, but then something changes. His smile falters, and then, then he explodes. One second he's holding Emmett still, then he's gone.

A deep red ash floats in the area, where he had been. When the last fleck hits the ground, Emmett turns to me. I can see the shock in his eyes, as he stares at the remains. He then turns to Demetri. The other vampire is still staring at the place is partner in crime had been. Just as he comes to, Emmett pushes him backward, before promptly setting him on fire. It takes me a moment to remember that Caious is right before me. I whip around, just in time to see two things. I witness Jackson getting his heart ripped out, just before Emmett kills the vampire responsible.

Then I notice Caious rushing me. He lodges the end of the stake into my chest, before I even have time to move. I feel a splintering feeling deep within me, as the wood poisons my blood. I can feel everything shutting down, but I can't allow myself to die without taking him out. I don't hold back. I thrust my power at him. I shove it at his consciousness, as hard as I can. He freezes, as if he knows I'm attacking him. He shoves the stake in farther, and something white obscures my vision, just before I feel the ground collide with my knees.

How is the land rising, or did I... Did I fall? I must've. I try to see, but nothing comes. Then suddenly, as if it had never gone, my vision returns. Caious is standing above me, a look of mirthless loathing frozen upon his face. I find Emmett with my final moments, trying to see him one last time. That's when Caious screams. The word brings me from my stupor, and I suddenly wrench the stake from my body, and spring to my feet. I whip around, and use the same stake to lop off Caious's head. It drops to the ground, just as Emmett steps forward to set it on fire.

I whip around, expecting to see another enemy to take his place, but the fight has simmered significantly. Renesmee is standing over Alice's body, her front covered in dark blood. I see a pile of ashes where Jane had been, as well as the others. Aro is still alive, along with two other vampires. Carlisle and Jasper are fighting one, Edward is fighting Aro, and the third vampire, is taking people out left and right. I run at him, and before I even get to him, Anna kills him. Then Emmett joins his family, and within seconds Aro is the final member of the Vulturi.

"Leave him to me. Do not interfere" Edward screams, when I step forward to lend him my help. I step back, just as Aro meets my gaze. I desperate smile forms on his lips, as Renesmee lunges forward, and lands easily on his shoulders. Edward looks at her shocked, for a moment just before Renesmee twists with all of her might, and with a sickening snapping noise, Aro's head twists around, until Renesmee succeeds in removing it completely. She throws it into a pile of ash that's still burning. When it lands there, the pile erupts once more, and Aro's laughter dies

Silence ensues, as the laughter dies in his throat. I look around, not wanting to see what's coming. I don't want to see the number of casualties. I'm just about to turn, when a hand grabs ahold of mine. I turn to find Emmett there. I launch myself into his arms, as he kisses me on the lips. I cry in his arms, but the sadness is tempered by the elation of victory. We won. We actually defeated the corrupt Vampire royalty. That's when I remember the dead. I look around, not wanting to admit the number of people we lost today.

I see Chloe, still lying in the dirt so I run to her. I kneel beside my sister, tears rolling down my face, as I pull her into my arms. I roll her over, and cup her face with a trembling hand. She has dried blood down the side of her face. I begin to cry, as she rests in my lap. Just when the despair begins to take over me, she opens her eyes. I pull her closer, as she dazedly looks around.

"Lucas. Is it over?" she wonders, before seeing the carnage before us. She looks at me, and with a trembling voice, she whispers. "This isn't what we wanted, this...". A tear falls down her cheek, as I grip her tighter.

"This isn't what we envisioned, but it's a real fine place to start" I tell her, as Emmett joins us. I can't believe it's over.

7GVl