Chapter 23 Just a kiss

Renesmee's POV

I kick with all of my strength, as the man behind me drags me from the hospital. I try with all my might to scream out for help, but he's much too strong. I do the only thing that I can think of, I bite him. I bite him with as much force as I can muster. It seems to do the trick because he hisses in pain, and kicks me in anger. I close my eyes, as his foot finds my ribs because it really hurts. I can see their faces through the pain. Mommy and daddy are there in my head. They'll always be there for me. I force my eyes open, just as we make it out of the room.

The parking lot is wet, but he doesn't seem to care, as he drags me through the dirty puddles. I can feel the cold water soaking through my jeans, and my shirt. I try to look up at the man, but he grips ahold of my hair, and shoves my head back down. We finally make it to a car, and he shoves me into the open door. I look around, as he nestles in beside me. Tears fill my eyes, when the car drives away from Michael, and away from my Jacob on the phone. He finally turns to look me fully in the eyes, and I see no familiarity in his face.

Who is this man, and why is he taking me? Why does he seem to hate me so much? I look forward, and see that two more people are sitting in the front of the car. We're in an SUV with tinted windows. I decide to break down, and break the silence.

"Where are we going? My mommy and daddy are looking for me" I say, my voice trembling embarrassingly. The man beside me just shrugs off my question, as if I am nothing but a piece of junk he found on the side of the road.

"Please let me go, my Jacob is probably so worried. He'll be very angry, if you don't let me go!" I plead, tears running down my face. He seems to be amused by my frantic pleas. He snorts, before turning to me with evil eyes of dark red.

"If you don't shut up, there won't be anything for him to be mad about because I'm about to tear you to pieces little girl" he warns me, and I gasp in horror. Who is this man, and why is he so set on upsetting, and even killing me?

"Drive, we need to be there, before the sun sets. I have something I need to do" he explains, and the man pushes down on the gas, as we speed away from the hospital. I turn my head, and look back as it falls away, and soon I can no longer see the building where I was taken from. I look over at the man beside me again, and a thought crosses my mind. He's going to kill me. I feel this heavy dread fill my stomach, and it's heavier than lead. I'm never going to see my family again, I'll ever get to see my Jacob again.

Lucas's POV

I loo back to Emmett, and he just gapes at me in utter shock. I think back to the time the Vulturi came for us, and they took Edward, Alice, and Renesmee. I made that woman explode. I killed her, and never even knew it was me who caused it.

"How is something like this even possible?" Tanya asks, her eyes wavering. I look to the vampire again because I want to hear his answer as well. I look around, as they all stand there, rooted to the spot in silence. Why does this family just stand still, when something happens?

"I'm not sure. I've never heard of something like this, but I suppose it's possible. Nobody though vampires existed, and then a vampire reading minds was thought ridiculous, so we should just agree to not hold any misconceptions, when gauging the abilities of something that should not exist in the first place. We should never expect anything, when dealing with magic." Eleazor explains, and I look back to Emmett quizzically.

"So what does it mean, how does this help us win the fight?" I demand.

"If you can learn to control your power, you could turn your adversary into a human, and take them down easily. It could be the difference between life and death. It could win this war, and rid us of the Vulturi forever more. This is the advancement we've been waiting for" he says. I'm still dumbfounded, so I just turn away from his words. I'm just about to ask another question, when a noise from my right disturbs my thoughts. I look up curiously, and find Jacob skidding through the yard. He has fear and anger in his eyes.