Chapter 24 Relentless

Renesmee's POV

The car turns down another road, as we continue driving. I'm not sure how long it's been but it has to be nearly two hours since we left the hospital. I look around, not daring to move a muscle, as the man sits beside me. I'm just about to close my eyes again, when he looks at me. He lets an evil little smile cross his face, and then he turns to face me in the car. I can see the sick glint in his eye, and I'm not sure what his intentions are, but they're nothing good. I try to shrink away from him, but there's no room to move.

He unbuckles his seatbelt, and leans over me, that smile still alive on his face. I begin to whimper because he's really scaring me. He seems to find my cries funny because he laughs in my face, before reaching down to unbutton his pants. That's when I realize what he's about to do. I kick him with every ounce of my strength, and he flies against the door. It flies off the hinges, and he's flung out of the car. We're going really fast, so he's whipped out with the force of the air. I see the look of anger on his face, before he disappears.

The driver slams on the breaks, and whips around to face me. I jump from the car, before it stops. Rolling across the pavement, my skin tears, and my jacket is torn to shreds, but I roll back onto my feet. I take a second to steady myself, before I take off running again. The man speeds beside me, knocking me to the floor. I hit my head on a rock, and roll over to look up at him. A car stops at that moment, and a tall man runs up on the scene. He sees me crying, and my torn clothes, then sees the angry man above me.

The man turns to him, and then he's standing before my would be rescuer, and rips his heart right from his chest. The man crumples to the floor, his eyes wide with fear. I begin to sob uncontrollably, as the two men hover over me. I know this is the end, but I tell myself that he won't do what he wants with me. He will not touch me like that. I shriek as he draws closer, but he doesn't seem to care. He growls in anger, before kicking me in the ribs. I gasp in pain, as the breath is torn from my lungs. He laughs at me, before swinging his foot to kick me again.

I close my eyes, but the pain never comes. I do hear a scream, but it's so distant. I open my eyes, and see that the men are no longer standing over me. There are four men on the scene now. The two who took me, and then the two that just arrived. I look up tearfully, as he looms over me. My Jacob is here, and he came for me. In that moment I realize that I'm in love with him. I smile up at him, as he reaches for my hand. I immediately give it to him, and he pulls me to my feet. Daddy finishes the second monster off, before coming to join us. We walk away from the carnage, never looking back.

Lucas's POV

I leave Emmett sleeping in our bed, as the sun slowly begins to rise in the sky. The dusk is still deeply set in the forest around the house, as I head into the early morning chill. I can feel with certainty that I need to hunt. My throat is parched, and my head is beginning to spin. I was going to wait for Emmett, but I don't want to be that person who never goes anywhere without their spouse. It feels so weird to say that Emmett Cullen is my husband. Emmett Cullen chose me, and will continue to choose me for eternity.

I head into the woods, and see that all the animals are just starting to stir for the morning. A large owl flies over me, as if rushing back home. His night is almost over. I turn my attention to the bigger animals, the ones worth my time. I close my eyes, and send a tendril of power out, hoping to find something good. I smell something, that causes my back to stiffen. It's a human. A human is somewhere in these woods, and their blood is making my mouth water. Their blood is making my throat ache.