Chapter 6 Rescue You

Renesmee's POV

          Grandma Renee leads us into her house, and I try to look around, memorizing everything possible, in case we go another five years without coming to see her. I know I've never met her, but I already love her more than almost anything. She's looking from mommy and daddy to me, and her face shows the confusion she must be feeling, so I walk over to her, and wrap my arms around her. It feels so nice, and I soak in her scent, and for some reason she feels like home. I look into her eyes, and she looks into mine, and there is this feeling of love between us, and I know that she doesn't hate me, and that makes me so happy.

          "Bella, w-what are you doing here? She asks, and mommy smiles at her, before leaning in closer to her to look her directly in the eye.

          "Mom, you know my secret and that Renesmee is your biological grandchild. We're vampires, and you've known this, and you're okay with everything" I look down at my shoes, as mommy compels grandma to be in the know about our secret. I feel ashamed, for some reason that we're controlling her reaction, and her mind. I feel like we're invading her mind, and I know how much that would make me sad.

          I sit there on the couch, as mommy and Grandma Renee catch up, and I watch as daddy plays with her puppy. My Jacob just sits there on the couch staring into the screen of his cell phone, and eventually he falls asleep. I feel so good that I've finally met mommy's mommy. We sit there for hours, until a car pulls into the drive, Mommy and daddy stand up, and I follow their actions. Jacob jerks awake, and looks down at his phone again. The clock says it's about an hour past my bedtime, so I know it's time to go. We all give grandma hugs, and then we briefly meet Grandpa Phil, as we're leaving. It was really nice to meet grandma, and mommy promises that we'll see her again very soon, and that makes me very happy.

Lucas's POV

          It's been three days now, since I escaped from that lunatic, and I'm finally back to my vampire self, and everything seems to be going back to normal, which is a huge relief. I'm standing in the kitchen, cooking a couple grilled cheese sandwiches for Sam and I. Emmett, and Jasper went to get some more medical supplied, for when the baby comes. I know it makes me a really bad person, but I'm so excited to meet my baby. I know that Sam likely won't make it out alive, but that baby isso important to me, it's not even funny. I find myself humming the tune of a song that's been stuck in my head.

          The sandwiches are finally done, so I flip them onto plates, and grab a pickle from the refrigerator, and cut it in half, for the two of us, and drop a handful of chips on each plate. Lastly, I grab two bottles of water, and hurry back to her side. She's intently watching the flat screen before her because I gave her a list of my Netflix shows to watch, and she's addicted to Lost right now. She pauses it, when she catches sight of me, and smiles at me with that infectious smile that she has, and I find myself unable to resist the urge to smile as well. I dart across the room, and place the two plates on her tray that hovers over the bed.

          She slowly sits up, and hisses in pain, as she bends over the tray to take a bit of the food. I frown at her, for a moment, before looking down at my own food. We sit there in silence, as we both eat the delicious food. I laugh at the face she makes, when she bites into the sour pickle, and she scowls at me. Rolling my eyes, at her mock anger, I take a bit of my pickle. That's when it happens. She hisses in pain, before promptly dropping her bottle of water, which falls to the floor without its lid, and cascades over the carpet, and my feet.