Chapter 16 Everything I want

Renesmee's POV

I look at my face in the mirror, one last time before tying my hair into the bright yellow ribbon that auntie Alice gave to me just yesterday. When my ponytail is in place, I make sure to force the sweet little smile on my face that I usually don't have to force. I am happy that I finally get to go to school again. I was kept home for the wedding stuff with Uncle Emmett, and Lucas. I finally get to look for Michael. I feel bad, lying to mommy and daddy, but they would never agree to let me miss school, and go searching through the wilderness for my friend.

I force myself away from the mirror, and go out into the living room, where mommy and my Jacob are sitting in silence. Daddy left last night to go hunting with grandpa, and Uncle Jasper. Jake always stays over, when daddy is gone to keep us safe. I usually love when he is here, but I've been avoiding him since last night because I'm really confused by my feelings for him. It's always been kind of implied that I'll marry Jacob one day, when I'm a grown up, and I definitely love him, but I'm not sure if I love him that way, or if he loves me like that.

Jacob stands up, as I enter the room, and grabs his keys off the table. He strides across the room, and pulls me into a bear hug that makes me blush slightly. I briefly resist the urge to press my lips to his.

"You ready Ness?" he asks, and his voice does nothing to assuage the urge to kiss him. That is why I'm so confused.

"Yea, I'll be in the car. Bye mommy, I love you!" I call, as I leave them behind in the house. The crisp air feels good on my face.

I sit perfectly silent, on the way to school. Jacob tries, and fails to start a conversation a few times, but when I don't take the bait; he gives up, and cranks the radio on, and the sound of classic rock fills the cab of the truck. He looks over at me from the driver's seat a few times, but I can't look at him right now. We pull into the school at that time, and when the truck comes to a stop, I almost jump out of the truck. He jumps out right after me, and turns me around gently by my arm. I'm forced to look him in the eye, and that's all it takes.

He's a lot taller than me, maybe close to two feet, but I reach up, and he instinctively bends down, so I can wrap my arms around his neck, like I've done since I was a little girl. The only difference this time, is when I find myself clinging to his neck, I take the chance to press my lips to his, just like I've been wanting to do for so long now. At first he doesn't react, but then he parts his lips slightly, and wraps me in an embrace that fills me with warmth. He tightens his arms around me, and kisses me back with such love, so much tenderness. It's everything I want. How could I have ever questioned that? How could I have ever doubted the love I have for my Jacob?

Lucas's POV

I roll over, as my eyes blink open, still mostly asleep. The first thing I notice is that I'm not in our room, I'm in a hotel room. The next thing I notice is that Emmett isn't in bed with me. I roll over onto my back, and my head rolls across a note that was left on my pillow. I roll onto my stomach, and unfold the note. When I open the last fold, I see Emmett's familiar handwriting. I smile with love, as I read that he ran down to the store to grab us some breakfast. I fall back onto my pillows, and just take a moment to sigh.

I'm married, and my husband just left me in the hotel room, so he could go get us food. I sit up in the bed, pushing my curls off of my face and slipping my legs out from underneath the blanket. I look around briefly, I see with a smile that my shirt is hanging over the lamp shade, and my pants are dangling from the foot of the bed. Standing up, I reach for my suitcase, and grab a pair of boxers, a pair of shorts, and a shirt. I rush to the bathroom, and bolt it behind me. After I turn the water on, I turn to look in the mirror.