Chapter 17 I know places

Chapter 17 I know Places

Renesmee's POV

I breathlessly break away from Jacob, and he looks down at me with those fascinating eyes. He opens his mouth to speak, but then his eyes swivel around, before he shuts his mouth once more. I smile at him, guiltily because I know the position that I just put him in.

"We'll talk about this when you pick me up, I promise, but I have to go right now" I tell him, leaning up once more to peck him on the lips. I look back, before walking into the building. He's standing there, rooted to the spot, and looking very confused.

Once I'm inside the school, I duck out of the locker hall by hurrying through the back door. I find myself in a fenced enclosure that is situated just behind the cafeteria. Looking around nervously, to make sure nobody will catch me heading off of school property. When the coast is clear, I run across the parking lot, and right across the little street behind the football field. I look behind me one last time, before heading into the woods. Once I'm out of sight from any onlookers, I droop the human speed, and take off running.

I speed through the woods, just like my daddy used to do with me on his shoulders. That felt like such a long time ago, but it's only been a couple of years really. Within a few minutes, I reach the point where I left off from the other day, and slow down to pick up his scent once more. It's a lot fainter now, but I can still easily smell that he is not far from here, but the thing that worries me is the smell of blood that lingers just before his scent. I take off in the direction of the scent, the wind howling in my ears.

I come to a stop, just outside of a clearing. On the opposite side of the clearing is a small shack, and his scent is so strong at this point, that I now have no doubt that he's in there. I take a couple of cautious steps into the clearing, and when nothing happens, I fill in the gap. As I near the shack, I can hear his ragged breathing through the walls. I brace myself, for what I'll find before opening the door, and slipping inside. He's in there alone, and the sight that meets my eyes isn't a very good one.

I rush over to him, and kneel down beside his sleeping form. His hands are bound, and there is dried blood stuck down the side of his face. I look around, and notice three things at the same time. The first thing, Michael is in very bad shape, next there is a single crimson cloak lying over the back of a chair. Lastly, there are several sets of fang marks all over Michael's skin. What is happening right now? I know those cloaks belong to Vulturi, but I thought that they couldn't find us. We need to get out of here, now.

Lucas's POV

Darkness. Darkness is all around me, but it's warm. Much warmer than I previously thought it to be. Looking around; I see just a pinprick of light so far away. It's miles and miles away, so I actually have to squint to see it. What the hell is going on? I begin to run right at the small light. I feel something pulling on me from behind, but for some reason, I can't turn my head. I begin to feel cold, gripping fingers clamping right around my left arm. I go to snatch away, but the fingers just tighten further, until pain begins to present itself.

I see with alarm that the light is beginning to grow, and it feels hot. It feels hotter than the sun, but what is it? What can it mean? The fingers aren't cold any longer, they are searing hot. I'm just beginning to panic, when I feel my limbs begin to move once more. I take off running, and this time, I feel the hands fall away from me. The light begins to grow bigger, as I get closer to the end. What is happening to me? What did I just escape? I continue to get as far as possible away from whatever the hell just attacked me.