Chapter 25 I like it like that

Renesmee's POV

I look over, watching as he moves slightly in his sleep. A smile crosses my face, as I turn away from him. He's doing much better now, and they say he'll be able to leave the hospital soon. My Jacob is just beside me, his warm arm radiating heat through my body. Daddy went out to get us some food, and I've just been sitting here watching Michael sleep. I just want him to be okay again because I feel like this is somehow my fault. The red hood, and the vampires. Who else could've caused this? I frown at the thoughts again.

They've been running through my head, never giving me any rest, but my Jacob is helping me through it. He opens his eyes, and I see the look of love in his eyes. I smile back at him, before doing something not even I was expecting. I lean in and press my lips to his. He seems surprised for a moment, but then leans in to kiss back. I smile bigger, as he grows more comfortable in the kiss. We sit there on the chair, our lips locked for a few minutes, until we finally break apart, when the door opens. I look up.

The nurse is standing in the doorway, and she has this big smile on her face, as she crosses the room to inspect Michael's condition. Wordlessly, she does her routine, before leaving us again. I turn to look at him, and he smiles at me, before jumping to his feet. I stare after him, but he just takes my hand, and pulls me from the room. I look back at Michael once more, as we go down the hall, his hand locked in mine as he tows me along. We turn down another hallway, before he turns to face me with a grin.

I see the possibilities of the abandoned hallway, and decide to go for it. I push him against the wall, and pull his face down to press my lips to his again. He kisses me back tenderly, pulling me off the ground, and backing me against the wall. His lips are on mine, and we're kissing so romantically. I open my eyes, and his are right there. They are so warm, and almost trembling with love. I smile, before closing my eyes to enjoy the enormity of the kiss happening right now. I'm actually kissing my Jacob right now.

Lucas's POV

I look out over the darkening driveway. A small squirrel dashes from view. I smile at the sight of the animal before me. It's weird because I used to be so scared of the harmless things. It causes me to laugh, just before another flicker of movement catches my eye. I look closer, and see with apprehension a group of people on the edge of the trees. I'm just about to freak out, when Alice comes into view. I relax, before running to the door. I've missed her. I jump from the porch, and dash across the yard, just as Emmett joins us in the dusky yard.

"Alice, it's so good to see you!" I say, running into her arms. I look at the group of vampires behind her. There are eight of them. I look to the clear leader, as he stands a few steps in front of the others. He has dark hair, and light blue eyes. I smile at him, as he takes in my curious expression. I wonder where they're from.

"Alice, you didn't tell me your family had gotten so attractive" the man says, never taking his eyes off me. I know in that moment that he's Russian. He also just called me attractive.

"This is my brother-in-law Lucas, but he's taken" she laughs, coming over to us. She gives me a huge smile, before turning to Emmett.

"Where are the others?" he asks her, as she gives him a tight hug. Alice sniffs, rolling her eyes before deciding to answer.

"They went to gather the Scandinavians, before meeting Carlisle and Esme." She explains, and I smile sadly. I was really looking forward to seeing Chloe. We've barely gotten to see each other since she came back.