Chapter 22 Bye bye bye

Chapter 22 Bye, bye, bye

Renesmee's POV

I pull Michael along with me, as we walk across the parking lot. Looking down at my fake identification, I bit my lip nervously. What if they realize I'm lying, and call mommy and daddy? I push the doubts away, as I push the door open. Looking around at the empty waiting room, I exhale with relief. I was almost half expecting them to be here. That would've been an interesting development. I take another deep breath, before stumbling over to the receptionist desk. She looks up at me with a smile.

"May I help you sweetheart?" she asks with a gentle voice. I smile back at her, before pointing over to Michael. That's when I realize that I don't know what to call him. Is he my friend? He doesn't act like it lately. Is he more than that? I think of my Jacob, and shake my head.

"My friend is sick, and I don't know what's wrong" I tell her, and she jumps to her feet. Coming around the counter, she walks right over to him, and kneels down beside his slumped form.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" she asks him, and he looks up with such an agonizing look. You can tell he's in a lot of pain, and for some reason my blood didn't heal him. How is all of this possible. I know I'm not a full-fledged vampire, but Alex did that spell to make my blood a healing element just like my parents.

"It just hurts, so bad" he mutters, before looking back at the floor. I can't understand what Is happening right now. How can he still be hurt after drinking my blood? Has that ever happened?

Soon after, the doctor comes out, and they put Michael on a bed, and wheel him back. I'm left alone to wait in the waiting room. The receptionist assures me that she will provide me with any details, or updates that she gets. I let myself relax enough to fall back into one of the hospital chairs. It's not very comfortable, but it'll do until I know he's safe. I pull out my phone, and begin to flip through the pictures as a way to pass time. I come across a picture of Jacob. A smile is brought to life on my face, as I stare into his face.

After a while of staring at his picture, I jump to my feet, and decide to give him a call. I want to assure him that I'm okay, and that I will come back for him. Giving the receptionist a smile, I head out of the front door. Looking around, I see a nice little bench under the shade of the roof. I pull my phone back out, and scroll through my contacts, until I see his name. I quickly hit the call button, and put the phone to my ear. Anticipation fills me, when he answers the phone. I'm just about to say something, when someone grabs me from behind. I watch as the phone hits the ground, and I'm lifted off my feet. The person's hand is over my mouth, so I can't scream for help, when I hear his voice.

"Hello? Renesmee, is that you?" he says, as I'm dragged away from my phone, from him, from my Jacob.

Lucas's POV

Bella leans in to give me one last hug, before turning to Edward. He was not very happy about her leaving, but he was grateful to get her out of this death sentence. I stand there under the constant drizzle. Edward leans in, and kisses her briefly on the lips. As I stand there, it makes me feel like a horrible person. I've heard the epic story of Edward and Bella from Emmett, but now because of me; they'll be separated for what could be the rest of Edward's life. I know it's to save her life, and the twins' lives, but I still feel selfish.

Bella slides into the driver's seat of the car, and within seconds she disappears from view. I begin to cry there, standing in the rain, as my babies, my entire life backs away from me. I got my goodbye with them, but it'll never be enough. It is my hope that I never see them again. I believe in afterlife. If I meet them in the afterlife, it'll mean they died. Since they are immortal; that would mean they were killed, so I never want to see them there. I know where I'm going. I'm destined to go to that place. The place I've already been to.