Chapter 13 Some hearts

Chloe's POV

I look out at the lightning that keeps flashing through the window, even with my vampire vision it's really dark outside. I can see each droplet of rain hitting the branches of the trees, but I can't make out details more than a few yards away. I turn around with a smile, when I hear Lucas coming down the stairs. I can't believe he's getting married tomorrow. It feels so weird, and I just can't help but smile when I realize that my little brother is actually living a real life fairytale. He comes down the last step, and looks around curiously.

"Are you ready?" I ask him with a smile, and he just stares at me questioningly. "For your bachelor party?" I ask with a hint of exasperation in my voice because he has been so reluctant in all of these wedding traditions, and I'm going to end up kicking him in the face. He begins shaking his head, so I tilt my head to the side, with a warning in my smile, but I don't hesitate in calling out. "Alice! He's doing it again!" He glares at me briefly, before she arrives within a second. I can tell he's irritated, but he's going to do this.

"Lucas, you want to be treated seriously in this relationship, right? This is a real, attachment to marriage, and weddings. If you want to do this for real, and do it right, and you do want to do this real, and right for my brother, or I'll have to get feisty then you must have a bachelor party." She looks at him for a second before snapping her finger in his face. "Upstairs, right now and put something better on!" she commands, and despite a brief moment of hesitation, he seems to listen because he's gone within a blink of an eye.

I wait for him to finish changing, and when he finally leaves, I wait for an entire ten minutes, before running up the stairs to Alice's room. Opening the door, I rush into the closet, and close the door behind me. I press my back against the door, and look before me at all the wedding supplies, and the pages, and pages of information that Alice and I have gathered. After a moment of just taking in the amount of effort we've put into this thing over the past two weeks, I get back to work.

That's when Alice joins me. She comes in, pushing the bangs from her eyes, and heading over to the tuxedo that we just got today. Lucas is going to look great in this thing. I smile hugely, as I take in the simple fact that my brother is getting married tomorrow. We aren't really doing groom's men. Each of them will have a best man, and that's it. I snap out of my stupor, and hurry to finish our last minute preparations. When we finally finish, and everything is ready for tomorrow, we leave the stuff behind, and walk back to the living room. Esme and Bella are there waiting with wine, and a movie. This should be a relaxing night, in preparation for the draining day that tomorrow will bring.

Lucas's POV

I close the door behind me, and pause for a moment. I debate trying to fight my way back to my room, and just going to sleep but Alice would never let me get away with that. I know I should be more excited, and don't get me wrong because I'm ecstatic that Emmett and I are finally going to make the ultimate commitment. I am excited, but I'm also a little down because two of the most important people to me can't be there tomorrow, and I'll never know what they would think, or if they'd approve.

I quickly wipe a tear away, as I see the car pull down the driveway. I force a smile onto my face, and ready myself for whatever Dylan has planned. That's when it hits me. This is going to be the lamest bachelor party ever, just the two of us? That's when I hear that there are four heart beats in the car. I leave the cover of the porch, and run through the quickly flooding yard, and almost dive into the toasty little car. I immediately buckle my seatbelt, before turning my head to see who came for my bachelor party. I almost scream out in excitement, as I see the familiar faces.

Landon, my one and only progeny is sitting directly behind me, and he looks just as excited to see me, as I am to see him. In the middle of the backseat is Jacob, he looks so overgrown, and way too big to be in a car as small as this one. In the seat behind Dylan's is my best friend from back in Georgia. I look into those eyes, and see that he looks happy, and not broken like the last time I saw him. Jake smiles at me, before Dylan take my attention beck, by starting to back out of the yard. Now, I'm starting to feel excited for all of this.

We drive with the radio turned way up, and I watch out the window, as the sheets of rain plow on and on against our car, as if they want to merge into one being. A song comes on that causes my entire mood to lighten, and I start singing along. I guess everyone can feel the change in the atmosphere because they start to jokingly sing into an unopened bottle of vodka, and after a few minutes, and three songs later, we pull into the marina parking lot. I look around, before seeing the large cruise ship docked before us.

"Is this what we're doing?" I ask, and Dylan comes up to me, putting an arm over my shoulders, and guiding his other hand across the beast of a ship.

"This is going to be the most epic party of your damn life" he explains, and I laugh a bit because of his uncontrollable laughter plowing through his words. He pulls me by the arm, and we head through the rain up to the dock. The man looks at something that Dylan is showing him, before letting us onto the ship without any further words.

When we finally leave the rain behind, and enter the main room, I almost giggle aloud. There are three stripper poles around the room, but nobody on them. What the hell is he trying to pull. I try to be mad, but I can't stop smiling. Jake pulls me away from Dylan, and over to the bar, where he orders two shots. This is so weird to be here, in Washington with my ex crush at my bachelor party the night before my wedding with my vampire fiancé. I snort in amusement at the entire situation.

The bartender comes back with our shots, and I tilt my head back, and shoot the tequila down with ease. The burn is so strong that I nearly spit it out, but I force myself to swallow it. I set the shot glass back on the bar, and look over at Jake. He's looking at me like I'm a complete stranger. I order another shot, and then turn back to him with a look of excitement I'm sure.

"How've you been?" I ask, and he nods his head with a smile, before gratefully gulping down his shot. I can tell he's had a hard few months.

"It was a rough few months, after mom and dad found out, but I'm living over at Emmett's house. By the way, I'm so sorry for your loss" he says, and I look at him curiously. "Your family being dead?" he says, making the statement a question due to my look of confusion.

"What I meant was, how did you know?" I ask, and he just looks down at his hands, as he twists them together nervously.

"Lucas, Rosalie came to me, and she told me everything. I of course know that she was painting you in a negative light, but I do know that The Cullens are... Vampires" he states.

For a moment, I let the dust settle, before taking both of the shot glasses and back to back, I take two more shots. Without even waiting this time, I signal for more tequila.

"I'm sorry that she brought you into this. I'm sorry for everything" I tell him, but at that moment the other three guys join us, and the conversation ends abruptly. The shots come in at that time, and I steal Jake's once more by taking two shots at once. I'm going to regret this tomorrow.

I guess I should've expected something so low from Rosalie. She's still tormenting me, even from the grave. Some hearts have to go through all sorts of trials, and tribulations before they get to the pot of gold at the end of our rainbows. Some hearts get to skip ahead, and soak up all the happiness without having to struggle through the eternal night. I take two more shots, before getting up from my seat. The room spins, when I get to my feet. Maybe it's from the seven shots of tequila, actually they were double shot glasses, so I guess that makes it fourteen shots. That's the last thing I remember thinking, before everything goes dark.

srtt^EYQg