Chapter 12 Why Not

Chapter 12 Why Not

Renesmee's POV

I look around quickly, before running from the bathroom. The halls are empty, but I need to make it to the other end of the hall, before any of the hall monitors come back, or I'll be in big trouble, and mommy and daddy will not be happy with me. I have to get out of here, before anyone notices because Michael is still missing, and everyone seems to have written him off, but I won't, I can't give up on him. He's my friend, and I care for him. I dash across the hall, and finally come within sight of the door.

That's when the door behind me opens, and I jump behind a row of the lockers. I see that one of them is rigged, so I pull it open, and slide easily inside, before closing it. I listen intently, with my better than human hearing, for the sign of an empty hall. I hear a couple of people walking by, but I guess they didn't see me because they just walk right past me, until they leave the hall altogether. I push the locker door open, and rush out into the hall once more, before going straight for the door.

Once, I race from the building, I waste no time looking back, as I run up the sidewalk, and directly cross the street, and right into the woods. I can faintly smell Michael, so I follow the trail, but soon I'm overpowered by the pungent smell of a lit cigarette. I've always hated the smell, but mommy told me not to judge people because we can't judge people, and still expect to be treated fairly. Who would be out here smoking? That's when I see a small group of kids from one of my classes. They're huddled together, and they're all smoking.

"Aren't you too young to be smoking?" I ask curiously, but they must think that I was being judgmental because one of the girls just sneers at me, and takes a quick drag of her cigarette, before blowing it into my face.

"Aren't you too old to be such a baby all the time?" she asks, and I look at her strangely for a moment. Trying to fight back the cough, from her smoke cloud. "Doesn't it get exhausting to be such a goody good little girl all the time?" she demands, and I just shake my head nonplussed at her question.

"What's wrong with being good?" I ask her, and she just laughs again. I decide that this conversation is going nowhere, so I leave them alone, but I can still hear their comments, as I leave them behind.

"Little girl ditching school, maybe we should tell her mommy" one of the guys call, and I grit my teeth angrily because it's none of their business who I am, or what I'm doing. I turn my attention back to Michael's scent, and race away from the group of kids, and straight in the direction of my real friend.

Lucas's POV

There she is. Chloe, and Dylan are standing there tight in front of me, and I can't move. I've wanted nothing more than to see them alive and well, but here they are and I'm so happy, and excited that I literally can't move a muscle. Chloe leans in, with her arms open wide, so I fall dazedly into the hug. That's when everything comes back, and I feel my nerves free up. I pull away, and look at her angrily.

"How'd you become a vampire, and where the hell have you been?" I demand.

"It's a really long story" she explains, and I drop the subject for a few moments, but I refuse to drop it for long. I lead them both inside, and a smile crosses my face, as I realize that I have so much news to share with my siblings because it's been so long since I've seen either of them.

"So you guys... I have some news, and you might be a little shocked." I explain, before launching into the entire story about how I came to have Oliver, and Olivia. Chloe looks more and more excited as I continue my story.