Chapter 33 It Will Rain

Chloe's POV

"Kill them all. Save Renesmee only" the tall man, with midnight hair says, his voice cool and calm. It sends a chill up my spine, as I watch one of the front vampires from the Vulturi lunge toward us. I act instinctively, crouching briefly, I pounce into the air. A woman I've never seen meets me at the front of the line between the two armies. She has dark red hair, that's cropped short. I smile at her; before taking her down with more ease than I expected. I turn to see Lucas just behind me, a look of concentration on his smooth, unreadable face.

I give him a smile, when the vampire is dead. He returns it, before turning to face the next assailant. The sound of crashing bodies, and roars of anger fill my ears, as we continue to make our bid for freedom. I've never been influenced by the Vulturi, but even I have a quarrel with them because they killed me, and Jackson. They are the reason his personality changed. They changed everything. I was out. I was done with this life, and they pulled me back in. This is all their fault. The anger ensues once more, as I come face to face with an older vampire.

He takes one look at me, and reaches for my throat. I feel his fingers constrict around my neck, and I feel my breath disappear. A shot of fear courses through me, when I realize that everyone is probably too focused on their own battles to notice me dying over here. I do the only thing I can think of. I scream with my mind. I scream to Edward, trying, and hoping with every fiber of my being that he'll hear me over the noise of the battle. He does. I can see his head stiffen, as my thoughts reach him, and then he flings the vampire he was fighting away from him.

"You okay?" he asks me quickly, as he throws my attacker off. He briefly sets the man on fire, never looking back at all. I glance at the burning body, and then back to him. I smile weakly, before turning to find someone else to fight. I'm just about to run up behind a dark haired child fighting Renesmee, when something hits me hard from behind. I try to spin around, but I feel someone's arm wrap tightly around my neck, before the arm moves quickly. I hear my neck snap, before everything goes dark, leaving me alone. The last thing I'm aware of is my body hitting the ground.

Renesmee's POV

"Kill them all. Save Renesmee only" the man I've hated all my life says to his gang of evil soulless followers. For the first time in my short existence, I'm really mad. I want to bite, and claw at them. I want to rip them to shreds, and burn their bodies. I want to kill them. The thought actually scares me, as I wander through the swirling mess of bodies, and flying bits of blood. I'm invisible, and so I just need to find the one I'm looking for. It strikes me that Aro knew I was here. Did he see me?

Maybe his gift played a role in him knowing of my presence. I look around for all those that I love, and I see with horror; my Jacob falling to his knees. I begin to walk to him, trying to not to bump into anyone on my way. I frantically take off at a run, when something happens. I hear a shrill scream, before turning to see the source. Radiah had been fighting three of the Vulturi, and was overtaken. I change course to save her really quick, when one of the men pulls her by the hair. The other two maintain their grip.

I stand there, horrified as they pull her apart. She meets my gaze, just before her head is wrenched from her body. I scream in horror, and suddenly everyone is looking at me. They can see me. I realize that, just as Jacob meets my gaze. Then I see the person standing over him. Jane. Anger fills me, as I realize what caused Jacob to fall to his knees. She's torturing him. She can't do that. I take off running, and jump right in front of him, as she lifts her hand into the air to strike him. I knock it aside, glaring right into her eyes.