Five||My Promise

〜•иαтѕυ'ѕ ρσν•〜

"Room 177." I read the numbers out loud.

Igneel...

"Who?" The blonde asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

Damnit Natsu,

You idiot.

How could you let a silly little number break you so easily.

"Whatcha talking bout Luce?" I grinned down at Lucy.

Strong Natsu,

Be strong damnit!

Smile!

"Hey, I get it. I'm the strange girl with messy blonde hair you barley know." The girl paused, forming a small smile on her lips. "But you can trust me."

She stole my line!

Well you dumbass, how do you expect her to trust you when you can't trust her?!

"You better get in there, Gramps hates it when students are tardy." I chuckled, opening the door for the blonde. "See you later Luce!" I cheered as she nodded her head and walked into the class room.

Before I shut the door back, I caught a glimpse of the red-headed girl from yesterday. She narrowed her snake-like eyes at me and smiled her vicious smile.

Creepy...

I headed to my class, which happened to be all the way across the school,

Wonderful...

"Lucy..." I whispered her name over and over, unable to get it out of my head. Her beautiful hazel eyes haunting my memory.

When I finally made it to my classroom, I knock as I open the door. The professor narrowed his eyes at me, "Natsu, you're late."

"Hey old man!" I cheered as I took my seat next to the ice freak. Professor Clive just took a deep sigh and returned to his lesson.

"Why ya late fire breath?" Gray leaned over and asked, "Let me guess caught your house on fire again?" He retorted. "None ya ice princess." I snapped back.

"He didn't deny it." A gruff voice chuckled from behind us. "Shuddap bolts-for-brains." I spat, turning to Gajeel.

"So you did burn the house down? I feel sorry for Wendy, always having to clean up your messes." The ice idiot said, slouching back in his seat. "Whatever." I said under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"I saw him walking with that weird girl." "She's so strange, I don't know why he'd be walking with her." "What was her name again?" "Lilly?" "Lola?" I heard some girls gossip from across the room.

"Lucy." I spat, without even realizing. "What was that Salamander?" Gajeel asked. "Huh? Oh nothing." I retreated. "I heard 'Lucy'" Gray said, "Does the squinty eyes have a crush~" he teased.

"Shuddap ya damn ice block." I spat back. "At least I don't have a thing for my stalker." "Who? Juvia? Please don't be ridiculous." He denied, brushing it off. "Then why are you blushing~" I taunted, pointing out the darkening red across his face.

"Whatever." Gray spat, breaking off eye contact. "Besides weren't we talking 'bout you and this Lucy chick."

"Lucy, huh? That name sounds familiar." Gajeel said as his face contorted into one of concentration. "That supposed to be your thinking face?" I chuckled.