Three||My Faith

〜•иαтѕυ'ѕ ρσν•〜

"Natsu dear, will you fix Wendy's breakfast?" Grandeeney asked as I walked down the stairs. "I got called into the hospital." The pink-haired woman explained as she frantically searched for her keys.

"No problem Auntie." I replied taking the keys from the nearby counter and held them out to her. "Oh thank you Natsu." She let out a sigh of relief as she took them from my hand.

"Goodbye Wendy, Love you!" The woman said, kissing the little bluenette on the top of her head. "Love you too mom." Wendy cheered, and then went back to her reading. "Oh, and you two, don't forget to feed Happy and Carla!" Grandeeney said as she rushed out the door.

"Morning." I say as I ruffle the little bluenette's hair. "Good morning Natsu-san!" She cheered. "What are you up to?" I ask looking at the book she's reading. "It's mom's notes, surgical procedures and other things. I'm studying it." "Want to be a doctor someday huh?" I chuckled as I took out the pan. "Yup!" She cheered.

"Bacon sound good?" I asked taking out the strips of meat from the fridge. "Bacon sounds good, but please try not burn the bacon this time?" She asks shyly. "C'mon, it's good with a little crunch!" I said. "Yeah but not burnt to a crisp." She said quietly.

"Hey Natsu-san?" The little bluenette asked. "What's up?" I ask, focusing on the stove. "I have a question, a-about boys?" She said as a slight blush spread across her cheeks. "Oh, does my little cousin have a crush~" I taunted.

"W-Well maybe, I don't know..." Wendy said quietly. I turned my attention to her after the bacon began cooking, "What's his name?" I ask. "R-Romeo..." She stuttered, "How do I know if he- Natsu the bacon!" She squealed.

The smoke detector then began to beep irritably. "Shit." I muttered to myself.

I turned to see the food had caught fire, and the flames are spreading up the wall. "Shit!" I yelled as I tried to put it out with a wash rag, only making it worse.

"I'll get the fire extinguisher!" Wendy said running towards the cabinet we keep it in, while I attempt to fan out the flame. "Shit! Grandeeney is going to kill me!" I squealed fearing the old woman's wraith.

"Move!" Wendy shouted as she pushed me out of the way, and she began spraying the white fog, putting out the fire quickly.

"You're good at that." I comment when the fog began to fan out. "You have to be living with you." She sighed heavily as we stared at each other for a moment, before beginning to laugh.

"Tell you what, I'll clean this up if you feed the cats." I say, "Then we will leave for school." "What about breakfast?" She asks as I hear her stomach growl. "Eh, we'll stop by McDonald's or something." I chuckled as I pat her head. "Sounds good." She smiled.

I took a rag and began cleaning. "So this boy?" I ask as Wendy takes out the cat food, causing Happy and Carla come running, "How old is he?" "Are you getting protective, Natsu-san?" She slightly giggled. "Maybe a little, you're my little cousin, course I'm gonna be protective." "Thank you." Wendy cheered.

"But you never answered my question." I add. "He's about my age, maybe a little older. He's a lot like you Natsu-san." The bluenette explains as she softly pets Carla. "He never gives up hope, even when things get rough..." Her voice fades.

"Because sometimes hope is all you got." I reply, avoiding her glance. "C'mon. Let's get going." I change the subject. "Don't want to be late to school."

"Yeah." Wendy said grabbing her bookbag. I held opened the door for her. I followed her and locked up the house behind us. "Do we have to walk Natsu-san?" She whined. "You know I can't drive with my motion sickness." I reminded her. "Yeah I guess your right." The little bluenette pouted.