One||Prologue

There she stood, five stories above the ground. Tears stung her eyes as she thought about what awaited her on the other side.

What awaited her after death...

The wind blew through her golden locks, as if it were pushing her closer to the edge.

"If I just..." She whispered as she inched closer to the end. "Then maybe..." She whispered, "Maybe I'll be free..." Her arms spread out as far as they reached, causing her to lose her balance. Her foot slipped, and she found herself tipping over the edge.

She let herself fall.

She wasn't scared,

She had never felt more alive,

And she hated it.

In that moment she knew she was ready to die.

Suddenly she felt a hand grip onto her arm. "No you won't." A warm voice said from above her. She quickly looked up to see a boy with pink hair spiking up in all directions. "How do you know?" She asked with her tears beginning to spill over.

"Because it's not that easy. It's never that easy." He said pulling her back up onto the roof. When she was secured, he started to walk away.

"Wait!" The blonde called, "Why? Why save me?" The girl asked, causing the boy to stop and think for a moment.

"It was your eyes." He chuckled as he turned back around and smiled.

His smile,

It was bright,

Brighter than the sun...

The girl thought to herself. She turned back around looking out into the sky. It was the pale rose color she loved so much, the color from which the day transitions into night. From where two opposites meet, and create something beautiful. In that moment she realized that maybe it wasn't the end.

Little did she know, that this was only the beginning.

The blonde turned back around, searching for the boy. But like a ghost, he was gone.

The blonde didn't yet understand what he meant when he referred to her eyes.

She's always hated them.

But that day, on that roof, she decided that she would keep living, whether she wanted to or not.

Because maybe there was a reason for her to live,

Just maybe...

"Thank you..."