Four||My Trust

〜•ℓυ¢у'ѕ ρσν•〜

"Damnit!" The roaring voice woke me up, followed by the sounds of breaking glass.

Well sounds like he's awake.

I looked at the blinking clock on my nightstand. "7:45?!" I squealed as I jumped up out of my bed, tripping over the covers, sending me crashing to the ground.

"Ouch." I spat as I untangled myself from the blankets. I stood up and made my way to my closet. I opened it to find my clothes neatly hung up and sorted. My eyes scan them, looking for something suitable to cover my injuries. They landed on a light pink sweater. I tore it down from the hanger and threw it over my head.

I ran my fingers through my messy blonde locks as I made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair up into a messy bun. "Whatever..." I whispered as I looked at myself one last time in the mirror.

I grabbed my book bag and headed down the stairs. "Lucy! Is that you!" The man boomed throughout the house, causing shivers to go down my back. "Y-Yes father." I replied quietly, praying that he wouldn't start a fight.

"What the hell were you thinking!" He yelled, blocking the door. "You should have woken me up last night!"

"I'm sorry..." I whispered, avoiding his eyes. "Speak up!" He booming voice pierced my ears. "I'm sorry." I said a little bit louder. "Tch." He spat as he began walking away, "Fucking smart ass."

I let a simple sigh of relief leave my lips as I glanced at the clock,

8:00.

I'm going to be late.

I thought to myself as I quickly ran out the door and headed off to school. Eventually I my body slowed itself down, "At least I don't have to deal with Flare today..." I muttered to myself.

"Hey Luce!" I heard someone call out. I looked across the street to see a pink-haired boy running towards me, with a little bluenette following close behind. "Natsu?" I ask, squinting my eyes at the two figures.

"Hey!" He cheered, "See told ya Wendy, we're gonna get there on time." The pinkette said to the girl. "Lucy, this is my cousin, Wendy." Natsu introduced. "Nice to meet you!" She cheered.

Her dark blue hair was tied back into pigtails and she wore a red long-sleeved shirt and a short black skirt.

"Nice to meet you too, Wendy." I gave her a kind smile, and continued to walk. Natsu quickly caught up to me, with Wendy following close behind.

"Natsu-san we are going to be late." The little girl whined. "Nah, Luce is always to school on time, isn't that right?" He replied.

How would he know that?

And what's with this 'Luce'

He barely knows me...

"Well, usually yeah, but this morning..." My mind flashed to my father,

His eyes,

The were like a flame.

"I overslept." My voice trailed off.

"Well, Natsu caught the house on fire, again." Wendy said glaring at her cousin. "Grandeeney really needs to stop asking me to cook." The pink-haired boy retorted.

Again? I rewind in my mind,

Exactly how many times has he caught the house on fire before?