Part 34 - The afterlife

Here you'll hear about Aspect's life after the battle of the five armies. It will just be this chapter, and then the new book will come!😸
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aspect, can we talk about something, it is important," Elrond stopped Aspect when he met her in the hallway of Rivendell a warm spring day.

"Yes, of course," Aspect said smiling to Elrond. "We can take it in my room, if it is private." Elrond nodded, and they went to Aspect's room.

They sat down in two chairs that stood in the room. "I do not know how I am going to tell you this, but I will just have to do it," Elrond said before he took a deep breath. "Beorn-. They found him outside his house. Beorn are dead."

"Beorn... Beorn," Aspect said quietly. "Dead." Aspect didn't know what to think, or feel. Not anything. Her eyes began watering, and before she knew it her eyes were full of tears, that streamed down her face.

"I am sorry for your loss, Aspect. If you want, you can visit his farm. His grave is in his garden, among the flowers where you used to like planting them. Since you are the closest to family he have left, you can take whatever you want," Elrond said, as he gave Aspect a hug.

"I want," Aspect said, her voice cracking. "And then I have one more place I want to go."

*

"Hey Beorn," Aspect said, standing in the garden of Beorn's farm, looking down at the ground. The blue flowers she had planted before she went with Thorin's company was still there, just much bigger, giving sign that he had watered and taken care of them. "I am sorry I did not come earlier. Or come at all after the war. I should have been here, fighting what came and killed you, I am really, really sorry. You just need to know that I have always been found of you, and seen you as family, like a second father." She talked slow, and felt her tears begin to stream down her face. Aspect put her hand in her pocket, and dragged out a necklace. A grey stone, cut in half was knitted to the end of it. The other half of the stone hang around Aspect's neck. "I want you to have this. You know the story about it, and you know how much it means to me. Now you have half of it, and I have the other half. In that way I will always remember you, and this place." Aspect sat down on the ground, beginning to dig in the dirt in front of a big stone. When she had made an hole big enough for the necklace, she laid it down, and placed the dirt over it again before she stood up. "I love you," she whispered as her voice cracked.

"Lady Aspect, we have found something you might want to see," Aspect heard from behind her. Aspect whipped her tears before she turned around to see Elrond stand in the door into the house, before she went after him.

"Aspect, here," Radagast said, meeting her in the door. He handed her a envelope, and she opened it. Inside it, it was a letter.

"Dear Aspect.
My time is soon up, and I will be gone from this world.
When you read this, I am most likely dead. Do not be sad because you did not visit me before my time was up, be happy by thinking about our memories together. Take the house, and do me a favor, visit your old one. I will not say which of them, you have to decide. I want to be buried in the garden among your pretty flowers, all since the snow went away I have watered them when they needed and have given them love like you did.
I hope your life will be great, and you will be friends again with old friends.
All wishes and hugs from Beorn."

Aspect folded the letter and put it in her pocket. "This is..," she began and looked at Radagast and Elrond that stood there watching her. "Just thank you so much."

"No problem Aspect," Radagast said as he smiled to her. "You wanted to go another place too, where, if I may ask?"

"Home," Aspect said sad.

*

"Sure you want to go alone?," Elrond asked as they stood in the big flower field near Aspect's old house.

"Yes, I am sure. I really want to do this," Aspect said as she began to walk.

When she had walked few hundred meters, she saw a brown house. The big, ugly bump of a hard, sad feeling grew in her stomach. This really happened. She was going into her old house where she had not been since she moved to Mirkwood after her family's death.

Now Aspect stood in front of the broken down gate into the overgrown garden. Her mothers small carrot farm was still there, but overgrown with everything other than carrots. The big tree she and her brothers used to play in still stood there, just much bigger. Aspects eyes began to water. Her old home, the big brown house showed easily that no one had taken care of it in many years.

Aspect took a deep breath before she went inside the house. The door creaked as she opened it. Inside it was dark, but light escaped through the closed curtains, and into the room. Aspect went and opened the dusty curtains so she could see better. In the windowsill it stood dead flowers, and some empty flowerpots. It was dusty everywhere, but she saw it all clear now. It was exactly as when they leaved. Everything on the same place.

She went into hers and her brothers bedroom. There was three normal sized beds, and one smaller. Aspect went right to the small one and sat down on it. She took a deep breath, but couldn't hold back the tears. Here she sat, many, many years later after her family died. On the same spot as her father had, the night before he died, telling Aspect her favorite fairytale.

"The great, big, grey bear, and his adventures."

Aspect and her father had made the character together, a big, grey bear, that walked around helping other animals. Aspect had always loved those adventures that her dad made up as he sat beside her when she was going to sleep, and when Aspect had fell asleep he wrote them down in a big book. "The book," Aspect thought, and looked around her to see the small bookshelf in one of the corners in the room. She stood up, walking to it and began looking over all of the books in the shelf. After a while, she found a tick, brown book that she dragged out. At the front it was written. "The great, big, grey bear and his adventures."

Aspect took the book under her arm and went back to her bed as she found her old teddy bear. She took that too, before she  went out from her old bedroom, and right into her parents old one. It was small, but was big enough for a bed. Aspect began looking through some of her mom's old jewelry. When she was finished, she went into the living room again. She looked around her many times, before she put her stuff down at the table, and left out the door.

She could see Elrond and Radagast walking in the flower field against the house. She walked to them, and when they met they stopped. "I wanna stay here," she said with a small smile on her lips.

The next years did Aspect use to clean up the house, take out many of the old furniture, to make new. She made the garden look nicer and made her own small farm. Many people came wisiting her, like Gandalf, Radagast, Elrond, and once in a time Bilbo, later with his nephew Frodo. And Frodo with his best friend Sam.

But Legolas and Thranduil didn't she see anything of in those many years.