Part 8

The next morning, after Aspect and Legolas had eaten a quiet breakfast, Aspect stressed through the halls of Mirkwood. She felt something in the air. Something wasn't right. An elf came walking definite towards her. "Lady Aspect," he said when he was close to her. "King Thranduil wanted to talk with you."

"I hope it is quick. Thank you," she said, nodding to the elf who left. This wasn't her plan at all. She was going out. She was going to run in the forest and feel the soft grass under her paws and the wind through her fur, but now, she had to listen to one of Thranduil's life lessons again.

"Aspect," Thranduil said excited when he saw her. He almost jumped up from his throne, up at his feet.

"Thranduil," Aspect answered, putting her hands on her back and giving him a small nod. No need to be too polite, but not a need to be an ass either. Her feet was screaming for her to get outside.

"I just wanted to have a little chat with you," Thranduil said loosely, smiling. "How was the party last night?"

"Full. Too much rude people. Nasty drinks. The last half of it was okay," Aspect answered. Simple and honest. Thranduil gasped as he looked surprised and shocked at her.

He shook it off and continued. "But my son did accompany you the whole night, yes?," he asked with eager.

"Almost, yes," Aspect answered, not sure where this was going.

"One of the maids told me that Legolas was not to be found in his room this morning, do you know where he could have been?," Thranduil asked. Did Aspect see a little wink? She shook it off.

"Maybe," Aspect said questioning.

"So you did seal the deal?!," Thranduil almost yelled out happily. "Great!! Let me see your hands!" Thranduil sounded like a child who got exactly what he wanted for Christmas. He skipped lightly down the stairs, and even before Aspect had blinked, he stood in front of her. She was taken by surprise, but put her hands forward for Thranduil to see. "Where is the ring? The ring should be on your finger, you know that, young Lady?" Thranduil searched feverishly, turning Aspect's hands like she had hid the ring under them.

"Th- Thranduil? What are you talking about?," she stuttered. She took a step back in shock, but Thraduil still held her hands tight.

"The whole plan. The plot for the party! That idiot was supposed to propose," Thranduil said, but right after the words had escaped his mouth, he shut it. Aspect dragged her hands from Thranduil's grip.

"We had a lovely evening without engagement, thank you for asking," she shot back at Thranduil. "Legolas and I will take this in the speed we feel like, without having you choosing anything for us. Give up Thranduil, we have grown up." Aspect turned on her heel before she started walking with hard steps away from Thranduil, who was left in disappointment.

Aspect had walked down to the weapon-room. She felt like fighting - she didn't know what, but she had to get all of her angry feelings out somehow. Suddenly, the room filled up. Elves everywhere, talking about some spiders being awake. Aspect grabbed a bow and arrows, two swords which she put in the handles on her back, and some daggers in her belt, before she started running up the stairs. There, she met Legolas. They stopped in front of each other, and Legolas automatically grabbed her arms.

"What is going on?," Aspect asked him, looking around her at all the elves.

"The spiders are awake. Something have woken them up and we need to go into the forest to find out," Legolas said stressed. Aspect lit up.

"Please let me come with you!," she almost yelled in excitement.

"I do not know Aspect, we do not know how many-," Legolas started excusing, but Aspect broke him off.