Luckily, when we got there the bus was ready and waiting. Unluckily though, the only seats left on the bus were separate. One was next to a boy, a little older than us, the other to an intimidating looking man.

Obviously Carmen ran off to sit with the boy who she was probably going to try and flirt with now, leaving me to awkwardly amble over to the remaining seat next to this man.

He had a mid-length beard, many piercings and tattoos. She also wore blue jeans, a black shirt with a black, sleeveless leather jacket. I did my best to avoid looking in his direction once I had sat down.

I turned to Carmen who was staring at the boy next to her, the boy next to her was staring at another girl who was on the bus, and she was staring at someone else. I'm sensing some sort of love triangle going on here...

"Do you like cups of tea?" Asked the man beside me, catching me completely off guard.

"Um...?"

"As I really like tea!"

"Ok?"

"So do you like tea or not?"

"Not really..."

"But more importantly..." He interrupted "do you double dunk, or single dunk your biscuits?"

"What?"

"When you drink tea with biscuits, do you single dunk, or double dunk?"

"I'm sorry I don't really..."

"Of course you do. Now, let's talk about biscuits"

"Biscuits?"

"Yes which are your favourites?"

"I'm not really sure...."

"My favourites are malted milk! Call me boring and plain but they are delicious with a single dunk of tea..."

And it went on. He's crazy. All he talks about is tea and biscuits. I thought he was intimidating when I first saw him, I shouldn't have judged him. He is intimidating though, he is making me feel really uncomfortable.

He kept rambling as we came to the stop outside Ashdene Ridge. It's properly dark now so I fear Mike will be fuming with us. Carmen got up and followed me off the bus. We both thanked the driver on our way out, how very polite of us.

We slowly walked up the drive, I'm actually kind of nervous. I'm nervous of what Mike will say. What if he grounds us so I can't do my plans with Ryan? Well, if they actually exist.

The door was unlocked and when we walked in, the sound of shouting came from the kitchen.

I looked at Carmen who looked just as confused as me as she closed the door and we both stood awkwardly in the lobby, waiting for something to happen.

Mike soon came out of the kitchen. The shouting was still going but whoever it was sounded so angry because I couldn't actually make out what was being said, although I'm pretty sure at least 4 people were yelling all at the same time.

"And where have you both been?" He yelled above the noise.

"Sorry Mike" we both mumbled together.

There was more shouting whilst Mike attempted to say something but gave up once he realised we couldn't hear a word he was saying. It soon got quieter, it didn't stop but it died down.

"Mike what is going on?" I asked rather forcefully.

"Marie..." He started, looking solemn. "I really don't think it's a good idea for you to go in there..."

"Why?!"

"I just don't want you to get involved with anything else" he said, with a slight stammer and sense of uncertainty in his voice.

"Mike, what are you trying to hide?"

He was about to speak when the kitchen doors swung open and an angry mob, meaning the rest of the residents, came storming out towards us. Everyone looked angry, some looked angry at me, others at Mike. Either way, they were all just shouting above one another, it was impossible to hear what they are saying.

"Quiet!" Mike yelled as he waved his hands around, trying to shush everybody. Mai Lee pushed through the crowd and helped him out, eventually everybody was silenced, their glares burning through my skin.

"Can someone please explain what's going on?!" I asked desperately.

I looked around the crowd but nobody seemed to be willing to give me any answers. Carmen was confused too, but didn't seem too bothered.

"We will tell you after halloween..." Mike started.

"Mike! She'll have to find out sooner or later..." Snapped Mai Lee angrily at the guilty looking, and feeling man.

"But let's not ruin the fun for them..."

"You do realise I can hear you both whispering right?" I asked sarcastically, my point aimed at Mike and Mai Lee who weren't being very subtle at all.

They both turned to look at me, almost like clockwork. They both gave me over the top smiles which made their situation worse. They really don't do themselves any favours...

"Look let's just get Halloween over and done with!" Mike sighed.

"Is that really the best answer anyone's going to give me?"

"It will have to do, it's the only answer I've got..."

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So I basically just have two questions to ask you about this chapter...

1. What do you think Ryan has in store for Marie?

2. What do you think everybody was trying to hide from her?

Ok that's in from me, I look forward to hearing your guesses in the comments, they make me laugh so hard each time!