Chapter 26

I couldn't stop shaking, the girls and I were waiting on the music to start so we could walk out onto the beach. I sent a silent prayer that Drake and Chris could get along or at least ignore each other until all was said and done. The fact that Adrianna would be walking out with Drake was something I had to throw on her last minute and I thought she might refuse to walk out, but I mean it was like common since she was my maid of honor and Drake was Wayne's best man what did she expect. I had left Wayne in charge of throwing that info on Chris, I so didn't want to be around for that, but they had all been around each other and so far I had not heard any sirens.

Fallon was my flower girl and she had been over excited to throw rose petals down on the sand, I waited impatiently watching every one walk out. Since it was a beach wedding everyone was barefoot. My bridesmaids had on red strapless knee length dresses, the red of course had been Wayne's idea, I had wanted to do mint but he told me "hell no." The guys were going to be dressed in khaki pants with white button up shirts, Wayne had refused to go barefooted. The music that was playing wasn't the traditional wedding march, but some beautiful melody that a friend of Wayne's had put together just for us. Adrianna squeezed my hand right before she walked out and I let out a deep breath, things must be going OK because nobody had stopped and the music was still playing. I knew deep down in my heart that Wayne would be out there, but I had still been nervous. I swallowed hard knowing it was my turn to walk out, I had only looked at myself in the mirror one time and barley recognized myself. My hair had beach waves in it and my makeup was flawless. My white gown was strapless, I had originally wanted a knee length gown but when we were drawing up the plans for it we decided to go floor length.

Glancing up at Melonie I saw her nod at me and I knew it was my time to walk, I looked down as I walked out and when I hit the corner I felt my eyes try to water. The only thing I saw was Wayne, as I walked closer to him I lost myself in his gaze. I could hear the whispers among the guest but I didn't care enough to even try to make anything out. Wayne held out his hand when I got close enough to him and I arched my brow pleased to see that his eyes weren't red, visine was an amazing thing. The sun was setting behind us and the sky was colored in oranges, pinks, and reds.

My mind was racing and I can't tell you for sure what all was said until it came time to say the vows. We had decided to write our own, and I was sure Wayne's was going to be amazing but I was a nervous wreck about mine. Just knowing it was coming up had me ready to pass the fuck out. When squeezed my hand I looked back up in his eyes at felt the love in them. When Drake handed him the ring I bit my lip. Wayne tilted my face to his leaning in to whisper in my ear. "Breath Maci." Wayne took a deep breath, "The first time I met you you about ran me over. I knew from the instant our eyes connected that you were different, I just never knew how different you would turn out to be. We have had plenty of ups and downs but we have always managed to come out the other side stronger. They say opposites attract and in our case it has never been truer, your calmness is the perfect match for what you call my adhd. My go with the flow attitude helps ease your persistent worrying. I promise to always be you lover, your best friend, and your protector." I found myself blinking back tears thanking God I had waterproof mascara and eyeliner on. Wayne wiped away my tears as he continued talking. "I have found in you the other part of my soul that I have been missing for so long. You complete me, I found in you everything I wanted in life. You have no clue how special you are to me, no idea how much I truly care about you. From day one I couldn't get you out of my head and now even if I'm away from you for more than a couple of hours I'm ready to run back home. I love you Maci, and I promise to be true to you, I promise to always be there for you, I promise to never hurt you. This ring symbolizes my love for you, my everlasting commitment to you and our family." He slowly slides the ringer on my ring finger joining it with my engagement ring. "