Chapter 20

When Wayne called that night I had to fight the urge to spill my secret to him, this wasn't something I wanted to tell him over the phone. I wasn't upset that I was pregnant but it wasn't something we had planned either, of course we didnt't do anything to prevent it either. After we talked I went upstairs giving Maliyah her bath and changing her into her pj's before feeding her and rocking her to sleep. I was tired myself so I decided to go ahead and lay down. As tired as I was the moment my head hit the pillow I was wide awake.

Grabbing my cell phone I sent Wayne a text telling him I missed him and couldn't sleep. It took a few minutes but Wayne text me back saying "somebody missing daddy." I grinned to myself, daddy if he only knew. We talked for a while before I finally got tired enough to lay down. Rolling over I pulled the covers up around me, I hated sleeping by myself but I was so tired I eventually drifted off.

Waking the next morning I called Dr Chan's office and left a message for her before heading downstairs and starting some coffee. Maliyah woke up around 9 and I brought her downstairs and fed her some applesauce then gave her some milk. Dr Chan called me back as I was cleaning her up and I explained to her what was going on. She promised me as before things would be kept quiet and made me an appointment for later in the week. I thanked her and hung up calling Ms. Rosa to let her know that I needed her to watch Maliyah that day. Wayne had called but was in a rush so I only got to talk to him for about 15 minutes which he spent most of his time apologizing for not being able to talk. I had told him he was fine and I would talk to him later tonight.

The rest of the day I tried to think about things that would have to change now that I was pregnant. I had even considered postponing the wedding but that was only a momentary thought. Calculating from my last period I would only be about 5 weeks pregnant so that meant I wouldn't be that far along but still being pregnant had not been part of the plan. I had decided to tell Wayne about the baby on my birthday, make it a little surprise for him. I wanted to call Adrianna and tell her but I had to tell Wayne first, well I wanted to cause if Adrianna spilled and let Chris know I knew he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

That night Maliyah ended up sleeping with me cause she had a stuffed up nose and every time she laid down in her crib she would wake up crying cause she couldn't' breath. We ended up sleeping with me propped up on some pillows and her asleep on my chest. The first think I did that morning was call her pediatrician and make her a doctors appointment, I guess this week would just be full of dr appointments. Her doctor was able to see her that morning so I dressed her in a black onsie that had a hot pink star on it that said Daddy's RockStar adding a hot pink head band. I dressed in a pair of khaki shorts and a red sleeveless button up shirt.

Maliyah fussed the entire way to the doctors office, she was not in the mood, as soon as I pulled her out of her seat she laid her head on my chest and I knew she didn't feel good. Signing us in the receptionist commented on how big Maliyah was getting. I nodded at her smiling, the waiting room was packed and I just wanted to get this over with. I sat down by a young girl who was feeding her baby a bottle. I smiled at her as I pulled my phone out texting Wayne telling him that Maliyah was sick and I had her at the doctor. The girl beside me kept looking at me sideways. I sighed looking over at her and she grinned at me, "I hate to bother you, I recognize you from the article." I looked confused until she pointed down at the open magazine in her lap and it was turned to picture of Wayne and I.

I shook my head, "I forgot all about that." She laughed, "I can't believe I'm sitting by Lil Wayne's fiance. Your daughter is beautiful. Maliyah started babbling as if she heard her and I looked down at her grinning. "Thank you, we think so." The girl laughed, "I'm Laura, I really don't mean to bother you, but I just had to say hi." I smiled at her and was thankful when I heard the nurse call Maliyah's name. Walking in the back they weighed her before taking her measurements and temperature. After all was said and done Maliyah was prescribed some antibiotic, and some cold medicine. She had been running a low grade fever so they had given her a little bit of childrens Tylenol and told me to watch her.